Admission Criteria and Process
The following steps are required for students interested in applying to the Dental Assisting Program:
- Request an official copy of the High School Transcript or GED to be sent to:
Enrollment Services - NWFSC, 100 College Blvd., Niceville, FL 32578
- Complete the NWFSC application and orientation program
- Complete the Dental Assisting Program application
- Complete an Info Session for the year of application
- Complete the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE)*
- Submit verification of Â Healthcare Provider CPR course (within current date)
*Students scoring less than 10th grade level on the TABE should make an appointment with the Dental Assisting Program Director for advisement: Phone: (850) 729-6444 or E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Once the above steps are complete:
- The Dental Assisting Program Director will review the application. If complete, the student will be invited to join the program.
- Enrollment conditions such as a background check, health requirements, and immunization requirements must be met prior to enrolling in classes.Â
- ALL students must attend a program orientation and complete blood-borne pathogens training prior to full-time fall enrollment.
Upon completing all enrollment conditions, you are eligible to enroll in an online course at the next available enrollment period and must take the Hogan Personality Inventory.
Affiliated clinical agencies may have a policy that will not allow students convicted of a felony to perform clinical duties at their agency. If this is the case, the student will not be allowed to enter the program as clinical experiences would not be made available to him/her. The Dental Assisting National Board also requires exam candidates to disclose any felony convictions and the responses will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis to determine eligibility to sit for the DANB exam. All Dental Assisting Program applicants must submit a notarized Background Check Statement and complete the PreCheck Background check as part of the application process.