Application Instructions: Dental Assisting Program
|Application Instructions Deadline||June 1, 2017|
The following steps are required for students applying to the Dental Assisting Program:
- Apply to Northwest Florida State College (online) and the Dental Assisting Program starting January 2017.
- Request an official copy of the High School Transcript or GED to be sent to Enrollment Services
- Complete an Info Session for the year of application (must be complete by May 30, 2017)
Selection Process:After June 1, all eligible applicants will be accepted unless the number of students applying exceeds 24. If there are more than 24, the students will be assessed according to the "Weighted Points System." The first 24 ranked applicants will be sent an "Invitation for Acceptance" to the program. 12 students beyond the first 24 will be offered the opportunity to be an alternate list in case an acceptee decides to decline their invitation to the program.
Once the student is selected for admission:
- Physical and Immunizations and titers (blood tests for immunity) (included on health form)
- Certified Background Check (Castle Branch) (signed authorization and online payment of fee)
- All students MUST attend a mandatory Orientation in August. Failure to attend this training will remove the student from the program.
Within 5 weeks of starting the program:
Complete the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE), call Testing (729-6016) for appointment (the student must attain a 10th grade level on each section the exam: Math, Language and Reading). Once you are accepted into the Dental Assisting Program, there is no fee for this exam.
- Students with a two year degree or higher (AA, AAS, AS, etc.)
- If the student started high school in a Florida public school in 9th grade and graduated from a Florida high school they are exempt from taking this exam.
- Students who attain specific scores in the ACT, SAT or PERT are exempt (contact Carrie Griffith to check eligibility).
All Documentation Must Be Submitted to the Castle Branch website. If you have questions, contact Carrie Griffith, Niceville Campus Building 420, Room 302, (850) 729-6444
Some content on this page is saved in an alternative format. To view these files,
download the following free software.
PDF Documents: Get Adobe® Reader®