Students seeking admission to the Dental Assisting program are required to complete a Nursing and Allied Health Program Health Certificate. This certificate requires a health examination by a licensed healthcare provider (physician, nurse practitioner, or physicianâ€™s assistant) as well as acknowledgement that you can meet the Performance Standards.
A Medical Release must be signed and notarized, and proof of immunization status will be required (copy of immunization record or a lab report with results of titers).
Required Immunizations include:
- Tuberculin Skin Test (current PPD) or Chest x-ray (if you have a history of a positive PPD)
- Tetanus (within last 10 years)
- Varicella ( record of varicella vaccine, or titer result)
- Hepatitis B (titer result or notarized Statement of Decline). This is a series of three injections, which must be started before you begin the program.
- In addition, many clinical facilities are requiring that all healthcare workers receive the influenza vaccine each year.
NOTE: You will receive the official program Health Certificate from the Dental Assisting program office. You may not substitute another health form for this Health Certificate.
You will also be required to submit verification of a current Dental Exam.