Students seeking admission to the Dental Assisting program are required to complete a Dental Assisting Program Physical Exam Health Certificate. This certificate requires a health examination by a licensed healthcare provider (physician, nurse practitioner, or physician's assistant) as well as acknowledgement that you can meet the Performance Standards.
A Medical Release must be signed and notarized, and proof of immunization status will be required (copy of immunization record or a lab report with results of titers).
Required Immunizations include:
- 2 Step Tuberculin Skin Test (current PPD) or Chest x-ray (if you have a history of a positive PPD)
- Tetanus (within last 10 years)
- Varicella ( record of varicella vaccine, or titer result)
- Hepatitis B (titer result or notarized Statement of Decline). This is a series of three injections, which must be started before you begin the program.
- In addition, many clinical facilities are requiring that all healthcare workers receive the influenza vaccine each year.
NOTE: You will receive the official program Physical Exam and Immunizations Health Certificate from the Dental Assisting Info Session. You may not substitute another health form for this Health Certificate.