Mission Statement and Goals
The mission of the NWFSC Radiography Program is to provide quality instruction for radiography students that will prepare students for employment as safe and competent practitioners in radiography.
The program aims to develop competent and professional radiographers. Upon completion of the program the graduate will:
- Demonstrate clinical competence through knowledge of patient care, positioning, technical factors, and equipment
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication as it applies to patients, other healthcare professionals and peers
- Apply critical thinking skills and problem solving skills during routine and trauma radiography
- Apply principles of radiation safety in the laboratory and clinical setting
- Demonstrate knowledge of radiographic principles necessary to practice as entry-level radiographers