HESI A2 Radiography Admission Exam
The HESI Admission Assessment (A2) exam is a computerized test that can include up to seven academic exam sections. The Northwest Florida State College Radiography Program requires applicants to take the following five sections:
- Reading Comprehension
- Vocabulary & General Knowledge
IMPORTANT: You are only allowed two attempts to take the exam during the application cycle. If you take the exam more than two times during the application cycle, only the scores from the first two exams will count towards your program application.
If you are planning on taking the exam more than once, you must make the first attempt no later than January 27, 2017 and your second attempt by March 1, 2017 to allow at least 30 days between testing. You must score a minimum of 70% on all five sections by March 1, 2017 in order to be eligible for the Summer 2017 Radiography Program.
NWFSC does not require the Biology, Chemistry, Physics, or Critical Thinking sections. If you are applying to a different school, be sure to find out what sections of the test are required by that school. You are welcome to take the sections not required by NWFSC; those scores will not be considered, so they will not affect your chances for selection.
For minimum eligibility: you must score at least 70% on EACH OF THE FIVE content exams by the March 1, 2016 deadline.
To Schedule the HESI Radiography Admission Exam at the Niceville Campus
You must schedule an appointment with the Testing Center to take your exam by using their Online Scheduling System: Register Blast
- The HESI exam is given at the Testing Center in the Student Services Center on the Niceville Campus on the 2nd floor in Room 281.
- You have four hours to complete the exam, so please allow yourself enough time to finish your test before closing. If you do not complete the exam before closing, you will not be allowed to return to finish the exam at a later date.
- Before arriving to take your exam, You MUST set up your Evolve account. (See information box below)
- You will need to tell the Testing Center proctor which version of the exam (version 1 or version 2) you need to take based on the current application cycle: March 2, 2016 thru March 1, 2017
- You must present a government-issued photo ID or NWFSC ID Card when you arrive at the Testing Center to take your exam.
- The $45.00 testing fee plus Testing Center registration convenience fee (subject to change) must be paid at the time of registration. This fee applies to both versions of the exam.
- You have previously taken the Admission Assessment exam but it was PRIOR to March 2, 2017: You MUST take version 1 of the exam; you have the opportunity to take a second version within the current cycle.
- You have taken the exam since March 2, 2016 in a different location: Take version 2 of the exam here and contact Evolve to have your first exam scores sent to Grace Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions about how to register for the test, please contact the Testing Center:
Phone: (850) 729-6016
Before Test Day
You MUST set up you Evolve account prior to arriving on test day. To set up your Evolve account go to HESI iNet
- Click on "Take my exam"
- Then "I do not have an Evolve account"
- After filling in your personal information you will be given your user name and password. Remember this in order to expedite your login on test day.
We cannot assist you in retrieving your user name and password at the time of the exam. If you cannot remember this information, you will not be permitted to take the exam.
Things to Bring on Test Day
- Photo ID (such as Driver's License of Student ID)
- Your Username/password for your Evolve account (see above)
- Your results should be available within 24 hours. You will receive an email with a link to your Evolve account to access your scores.
- This E-Mail will be sent to the address you provided when you created your Evolve account
- You are only allowed two attempts to take the exam during the application cycle, and the first attempt must be taken by the January 27, 2017 deadline. If you take the exam more than two times during the application cycle, only the scores from the first two exams will count towards your program application.
- You must wait 30 days before repeating the exam. The highest score you earn on each individual component will count.
- Only scores earned in CURRENT application cycle will be considered
- HESI Study Guide - "HESI Admission Assessment Exam Review," 4th ed. Elsevier (ISBN 978-0-3233-5378-6). Available at the NWFSC College Store for $43.95 plus tax.
- Additional study tips for Anatomy & Physiology: Do a "Google" search for anatomy and physiology reviews. Some interactive review
websites that we found are listed below, but there may be other good ones.
Get Body Smart (interactive tutorials and quizzes)
Web Anatomy (play the Anatomy Bowl game)
Practice Questions for Anatomy and Physiology (practice questions with answers)
- Additional study tips for Math:
The following websites were suggested by a NWFSC math professor who took the math component of the exam:
This website has video math lessons. Any video under the heading "Arithmetic" would be helpful.
This website contains practice problems and will give feedback as you practice. You also have options to view an example similar to the problem given or to ask the program to help you solve the problem. To get to the practice problems, hit "Enter" and then choose the textbook "Martin-Gay: Developmental Mathematics". Chapters 2 – 5 would be an excellent review (you can choose to do problems by topic or do the chapter review).
To Schedule a Test at Another Location
- If you live within the United States, you may take the exam at any Prometric Testing Center. The cost for the exam through Prometric is $85.00.
- If you live outside the United States, please call the NWFSC Radiography Department at (850) 729-6444 to arrange testing.
- Before you schedule your exam through Prometric, follow the directions on the Prometric Exam Eligibility Informational Document. Prometric Exam Eligibility Informational Document [pdf]
- Once you receive your Eligibility notification E-Mail from Elsevier, you will be directed to schedule and pay for you exam via the Prometric website.
- To find an exam center near you visit: Prometric Elsevier You will select Radiography Admission Assessment Exam Version 1 or 2, depending on whether this is the first time you are taking the exam during the current admission cycle.
- Go to the testing center of choice, on the scheduled date and time, with your Evolve username & password, along with a valid government issued photo ID.