HESI A2 Radiography Admission Exam
The HESI Admission Assessment (A2) exam is a computerized test that can include up to seven academic exam sections. The Northwest Florida State College Associate Degree Radiography Program requires applicants to take the following five sections:
- Reading Comprehension
- Vocabulary & General Knowledge
- Anatomy and Physiology
You will have four hours to complete the exam.
You have until the published deadline in January to complete the exam, including retest if desired.
NWFSC Radiography does not require the Biology, Chemistry, Physics, or Critical Thinking
sections. If you are applying to a different school or career path, be sure to find
out what sections of the test are required by that school. You are welcome to take
the sections not required by NWFSC; those scores will not be considered, so they will
not affect your chances for selection.
- For minimum eligibility: you must have a cumulative score of at least 70% on the content exams
For selection points:
- If you score at least 80%, cumulatively on the content exams, you will earn 15 points
- If you score at least 90% cumulatively on the content exams, you will earn an additional
To Schedule a Test at the Niceville Campus
Register in person at the Testing Center, 2nd Floor, Student Services Center on the Niceville Campus.
Appointments are required. The current hours of operation for the Testing Center are listed below. You have four hours to complete the exam, so please allow yourself enough time to finish your test before closing. If you do not complete the exam before closing, you will not be allowed to return to finish the exam at a later date.
|Monday & Tuesday||8 am - 8 pm|
|Wednesday & Thursday||8 am - 6 pm|
|Friday||8 am - 4 pm|
BEFORE arriving to take your exam, You MUST set up your Evolve account.
To set up your Evolve account, go to www.hesiinet.com, click on "Take my exam", then "I do not have an Evolve account".
After filling in your personal information you will be given your user name and password. Remember this in order to expedite your login on test day. We cannot assist you in retrieving your user name and password at the time of the exam. If you cannot remember this information, you will not be permitted to take the exam.
Register in person at the Testing Center in the Student Services Center on the Niceville Campus. At that time, you will complete paperwork to register for the test.
- You will need to tell the Testing Center proctor which version of the exam (version 1 or version 2) you need to take based on the current application cycle: February 1, 2012 thru January 31, 2013.
- Special Circumstances:
- You have previously taken the Admission Assessment exam but it was PRIOR to February 1, 2012: You MUST take version 1 of the exam; you have the opportunity to take a second version within the current cycle.
- You have taken the exam since February 1, 2012 in a different location: Take version 2 of the exam here and contact Evolve to have your first exam scores sent to Charlotte Kuss at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You must present a government-issued photo ID or NWFSC ID Card when you register for the exam.
- The $40.00 testing fee (subject to change) must be paid at the time of registration. This fee applies to both versions of the exam.
- If you have questions about how to register for the test, please call the NWF State College Testing Center at (850) 729-6016 or Testing@nwfsc.edu.
To Schedule a Test at Another Location
- If you live within the United States, you may take the exam at any Prometric Testing Center. The cost for the exam through Prometric is $85.00.
- If you live outside the United States, please call the NWFSC Nursing Department at (850) 729-6400 to arrange testing.
- Before you schedule your exam through Prometric, follow the directions on the Prometric Exam Eligibility Informational document [pdf].
- Once you receive your Eligibility notification email from Elsevier, you will be directed to schedule and pay for you exam via the Prometric website.
- To find an exam center near you, visit http://www.prometric.com/Elsevier/default.htm. You will select Admission Assessment Exam Version 1 or 2, depending on whether this is the first time you are taking the exam during the current admission cycle.
- Go to the testing center of choice, on the scheduled date and time, with your Evolve username & password, along with a valid government issued photo ID.
Before Test Day
- You MUST set up your Evolve account prior to arriving on test day.
- Testing Center on Niceville Campus will help you set up account.
- To do this go to www.hesiinet.com, click on "Take my exam", then "I do not have an Evolve account".
- After filling in your personal information you will be given your user name and password. Remember this in order to expedite your login on test day. We cannot assist you in retrieving your user name and password at the time of the exam. If you cannot remember this information, you will not be permitted to take the exam.
Things to Bring on Test Day
- Photo ID (such as Driver's License or Student ID)
- Copy of registration paperwork
- Your username/password for your Evolve account (see above)
- Your results should be available within 24 hours. You will receive an email with a link to your Evolve account to access your scores.
- You must wait 30 days before repeating the exam
- The highest score you earn on each individual component will count
- Only scores earned in CURRENT application cycle will be considered
- HESI Study Guide - "Admission Assessment Exam Review", 2nd ed. By Elsevier ( ISBN 9781416-056355)
- Available at the NWFSC College Store