Scholarships in the Humanities, Fine and Performing Arts Division are awarded each semester in the areas of:
- Technical Theatre
- Visual Arts
Scholarships provide students who wish to study in these areas with monetary funds to be used for tuition at Northwest Florida State College.
Students must qualify for scholarships and must participate in an audition(s) process. Formal auditions are held each spring, with select opportunities for mid-year auditions allowed at the discretion of the division chair. See applications below.
Scholarship applicants should demonstrate:
- Superior technical skill and sufficient level of high school and other training to prepare them for college-level study in the performing and visual arts
- Evidence of potential for development and a desire to learn and grow in chosen field
- Satisfactory high school academic performance
- Letters of recommendation from school counselor and/or instructors, and business or community leader acting as reference
Scholarship students must:
- Maintain satisfactory academic standing in general courses and a 3.5 GPA in scholarship area
- Participate fully in ensembles, Arts programs and division courses directly related to their area of emphasis
- Volunteer to work as stage hand in at least two Broadway shows per year or if Visual Arts student, volunteer as docent in the Art Gallery or as Visual Arts studio assistant
- Be a positive and uplifting member of the ensemble group or area by demonstrating preparedness and punctuality for performances, shows and events
Click on the link below to access a Scholarship Application related to an area of study. In addition to the application, all students must complete a FAFSA. If deadlines have passed, submit application with a letter asking for special consideration for private audition/review.
For more information, contact Diana Jernigan or call (850) 729-5382.
Some content on this page is saved in an alternative format. To view these files,
download the following free software.
PDF Documents: Get Adobe® Reader®