- Welcome to the Criminal Justice Training Center
- Admissions Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Program Requirements
- Physical Fitness Standards
- Law Enforcement Basic Recruit Training Academy
- Corrections Basic Recruit Training Academy
- Advanced / Specialized Courses
- Physical Fitness Training Plan
- Workout Schedule
- Helpful Links
- Contact Staff
- Equivalency of Training - EOT
- EXEMPTION FROM TRAINING (EFT) (FORMERLY KNOWN AS EOT) FOR: OUT-OF-STATE OFFICERS, FEDERAL OFFICERS, AND INACTIVE FLORIDA OFFICERS
The mission of the NWFSC Criminal Justice Training Center is to prepare criminal justice officers to protect and serve. The CJTC was established in 1974 with the primary responsibility as the regional training center for agencies in Okaloosa and Walton counties.
The CJTC is certified by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission (CJSTC) to instruct FDLE approved curricula to law enforcement and correctional officers in Florida. As an accredited institution of higher learning, the center offers basic, advanced and specialized courses for law enforcement and corrections.
The Criminal Justice Training Center at Northwest Florida State College offers recruits scenario-based facilities to create the optimal environment for classroom and tactical training.
FACILITIES AND EQUIPMENT
|1,500 Square Foot, Seven-Room Search House with Observation Deck|
|Mock Detainment Facility for Correctional Training|
|Multi-Bay Outdoor Firing Range (40-50 Student Capacity)|
|4,000 Square Foot Indoor Training Gymnasium for PT and Defensive Tactics|
|Four Traditional Classrooms with the Latest Audiovisual Equipment|
|MILO Range System for Simulated Weapons Training|
|Meggitt Range System for Simulated Weapons Training|
|7,700 Square Foot Public Safety Training Building|
|Vehicle Operations Driving Range with Seven Law Enforcement Training Vehicles|
For more information about the CJTC at NWFSC, call (850) 729-5378 or email email@example.com.