Career Programs and Resources Offered at NWFSC
- Career Programs
- Women's Educational Resource Center (Single Parent/Displaced Homemaker)
- Career Resource Center
- Professional/Certification Testing
- Information Technology Certifications (Prometric) is a testing and certification exam designed for software and technology
professionals. Exams include: Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and a
Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA), UNIX, LINUX, A+, Network +, Cisco
Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Certified Novell Administrator (CNA) and Certified
Novell Engineer (CNE)
- Workforce Professional Certifications (Pearson Vue) offers a wide range on tests within all areas of industry.
- Microsoft Office Specialist (Certiport) is the official Microsoft Office certification for desktop productivity
in the following areas: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, and Project. IC³
certification helps you learn and demonstrate Internet and digital literacy through
a worldwide industry standard. The IC³ training and certification program covers
a broad range of computing knowledge and skills that proves competency in the areas
of Computing Fundamentals, Key Applications, and online knowledge.
- Florida Ready to Work is an online assessment and training, and career database. After successfully completing
the Ready to Work program, the participant will obtain a ready to work credential.
- Student Career and Competency Assessments
- Skills Tutor is delivered online and can be used as a teacher-aided instructional tool or as
a one-on-one tutoring resource with minimal guidance. Individualized instruction,
diagnostic testing, prescriptive assignments and automatic reporting are incorporated.
The easy-to-use management system monitors progress and generates accountability
- The TABE instruments provide assessment, placement, growth, literacy level, prediction, and
prescription information. The TABE provides tests to assess literacy level work-skills
in speaking, listening, reading, and writing.
- FBAT (Florida Basic Abilities Administration) is a required exam for all individual planning to enroll in either the Law Enforcement
Academy or Corrections Academy. The FBAT exam ensures that the trainees entering
into a Florida Certified Criminal Justice Training Center possess the abilities
that will enable them to be successful in the program.
- CareerScope offers a broad range of career assessment measures, a user-friendly assessment interface
and process, flexible administration options, and practical reporting features. The
assessment menu includes a twelve-scale interest inventory and a seven-part aptitude
battery that yields measures of General Learning Ability, Verbal Aptitude, Numerical
Aptitude, Spatial Aptitude, Form Perception and Clerical Perception. Motor ability
score estimates (motor coordination, finger dexterity, and manual dexterity) can
be imported at the user's discretion.
- OccuBrowse+ provides quick and easy access to Career, Occupational, Employment, Wage and Training
information. OccuBrowse+ is a very popular tool for use by Secondary and Vocational-Technical
Schools, Student Career and Guidance Centers, One-Stop Career Centers, Physical
and Occupational Therapy Clinics, Case Managers and others. The features and functions
contained in OccuBrowse+ are also contained in OASYS and OASYS Job-Match software.
- The Keirsy Temperament Sorter II® (KTS®-II) is a powerful 70-question personality instrument that helps individuals
discover their personality type. The KTS™-II is based on Dr. David Kersey's Temperament
theory and has helped over 30 million people worldwide to gain insight into themselves
and the people around them. This insight is useful when selecting a career or choosing
a work environment.
- Hogan's Personality Assessment - The Hogan Personality Inventory that identifies an individual's personality then
analyzes how we act when we are confronted with various situations and what people
think about us. This assessment is only administered to the Dental and Surgical