Welcome to the Northwest Florida State College Institutional Effectiveness site!
NWFSC is committed to the continuous enhancement of its programs and services. To that end, the college employs an Institutional Effectiveness System grounded in data collection and research, with assessment of goals, objectives, and outcomes the key driver in a closed-loop evaluation system. The practical implementation of the system occurs at three levels.
- Evaluation and review activities which examine progress and performance at the macro level with college-wide aggregated data
- Recommendations reflect a college-wide continuous improvement perspective
Program/Functional Unit Level
- Evaluation and review activities which assess the degree to which the mission and goals of the program, function, service, or activity were met during the review period
- Recommendations reflect efforts to enhance program and unit effectiveness and/or efficiency
- Assessment activities which address the degree to which students have achieved the learning outcomes established for the program/subject area
- Recommendations reflect efforts to improve mastery at the individual student level
Assessment reports for each level are completed annually, including the NWFSC “Institutional Report Card”, which summarizes progress on key effectiveness indicators. The college’s research newsletter, Insight, is published periodically throughout the academic year, as are results of other research activities and surveys such as the ACT Student Opinion Survey and the NWFSC Graduate Survey.