- NWFSC News 2013
- NWFSC News 2012
- NWFSC News 2011
- NWFSC News 2010
- NWFSC News 2009
- NWFSC News 2008
- NWFSC News 2007
- NWFSC News 2006
- NWFSC News 2005
- NWFSC News 2004
- NWFSC News 2003
- NWFSC News 2002
- NWFSC News 2001
- Spirit of '45 Day Express to Make Stop
- Dental Assisting Graduates Honored
- Paramedic Graduates Honored
- NWF State College to Host Annual College Night
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Graduates Honored
- Parent Information Meetings on Dual Enrollment
- Students Named to President's List and Dean's List for Summer 2014
- Integrated Career and Technical Education Initiative Launched
- Huckabee Event to Benefit College's Music Programs
- NWF State College again recognized as Military Friendly School
- NWF State College Saddened by the Loss of Coach Patrick Harrington
- Celebration of Life set for Coach Patrick Harrington
- Tamela McCorvey Named Acting Head Womenâ€™s Basketball Coach
- Tamela McCorvey Named Acting Head Women's Basketball Coach
- Ribando Compositions Performed in Virginia, New York City
- Free IT Pro Camp Scheduled for Nov. 22
- SGA Reflects Student Involvement at 'All-Time High'
National Tour of Charles Dickens' OLIVER! at Mattie Kelly Arts Center December 16 & 17
Hailed the world over as one of the best-loved family musicals of all time, "Oliver!" brings to the stage some of Charles Dickens' most unforgettable characters along with one of Broadway's most memorable scores - just in time for the holiday season. The national tour of "Oliver!" will appear December 16 and 17 at 7:30 p.m. at the Mattie Kelly Arts Center on the Northwest Florida State College Niceville campus. This special event is the only two-night engagement of the center's 2008-09 Broadway and Artist Season. Tickets are now on sale now for $40 for adults and $30 for youth 18 and younger from the Mattie Kelly Arts Center box office, by phone at 729-6000, or online at www.mattiekellyartscenter.org. Group discounts of $5 off per ticket are available for groups of 10 or more tickets purchased together. A video clip from the show is now posted on the center's website.
His such as "Consider Yourself At Home", "Food, Glorious Food" and "Where Is Love" surround this heartwarming tale of the young orphan Oliver Twist in this all new production of Lionel Bart's magical musical based on Charles Dickens literary classic Oliver Twist. "Oliver!" follows one spirited orphan on his journey through the colorful underworld of 19th century London in search of love and acceptance. The production debuted in London in 1960 and transferred to Broadway in 1963. An instant hit, the show was nominated for 10 Tony Awards and won three, including Best Music & Lyrics. The 1968 film version received 11 Academy Award nominations and won 5, including Best Score.
The New York Post says that, "Oliver!' is a "stunningly beautiful musical." "A grand show...with an endlessly hummable score" said The Cincinnati Enquirer. Oliver! Is "an ideal show to introduce children to the world of musical theatre" according to The Baltimore Sun.
"We were so fortunate to book such a wonderful event so close to the holiday season," said Dr. Cliff Herron, Executive Director of the Mattie Kelly Arts Center. "With the youth and group discounts we're able to offer, this is a great show to attend with friends or to give as a gift."
The Mattie Kelly Arts Center is located at 100 College Boulevard on the Niceville, Florida campus of Northwest Florida State College (formerly Okaloosa-Walton College) and is easily accessible via Interstate 10, U.S. Highway 285, U. S. Highway 85 and the Mid-Bay Bridge. The center features a state-of-the-art main theater that seats 1,650 in which all the national shows appear, a smaller 195 seat theater space, an amphitheater, a recital hall, art galleries, a visual arts building, a dance studio, and more. Contact the box office to be sent a season brochure or for additional information.