- NWFSC News 2013
- NWFSC News 2012
- NWFSC News 2011
- NWFSC News 2010
- NWFSC News 2009
- NWFSC News 2008
- NWFSC News 2007
- NWFSC News 2006
- NWFSC News 2005
- NWFSC News 2004
- NWFSC News 2003
- NWFSC News 2002
- NWFSC News 2001
- Spirit of '45 Day Express to Make Stop
- Dental Assisting Graduates Honored
- Paramedic Graduates Honored
- NWF State College to Host Annual College Night
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Graduates Honored
- Parent Information Meetings on Dual Enrollment
- Students Named to President's List and Dean's List for Summer 2014
- Integrated Career and Technical Education Initiative Launched
- Huckabee Event to Benefit College's Music Programs
- NWF State College again recognized as Military Friendly School
- NWF State College Saddened by the Loss of Coach Patrick Harrington
- Celebration of Life set for Coach Patrick Harrington
- Tamela McCorvey Named Acting Head Womenâ€™s Basketball Coach
- Tamela McCorvey Named Acting Head Women's Basketball Coach
- Ribando Compositions Performed in Virginia, New York City
- Free IT Pro Camp Scheduled for Nov. 22
- SGA Reflects Student Involvement at 'All-Time High'
- NWF State College AmeriCorps Program Named Program of the Year
- Rick Flores Classic returns to The Arena
- NWF State College hosts IACP Leading by Legacy training course
- Forensics Team a Finalist in Parliamentary Debate at Star Invitational
Second Annual Leading Women Symposium & Golf Event Supports Northwest Florida State College With Scholarships For Women
The second annual "Leading Women Symposium and Golf Event", designed especially for women, was held October 27th at Sandestin Golf and Beach Club. The women-only event, unique for its multiple activities, was a tremendous success with more than 160 women participating and raising more than $15,000 that will be used towards scholarships for women that attend Northwest Florida State College.
Organized by the Northwest Florida State College Foundation and a volunteer committee led by Sandy Sims of Gulf Power, Lori Kelley of O'Sullivan Creel and Gloria Frazier of ERA American Realty, the event provides scholarships for women's educational programs at Northwest Florida State College.
The "Leading Women" portion of the golf event included a fun, 9-hole scramble for those with some golf experience and more established women golfers. The winning teams, North Okaloosa Medical Center/Healthy Woman (1st place - Christie Bankert, Jane Lindenburg, Bernie Toner and Michelle Stewart); and Tybrin (2nd place - Michelle Bennett, Cheryl Nilsson, Debbie Bodenstine and Bobbie Lee Saccuzzo), received jewelry from Sarah Carolyn's at McCaskill & Company. Other winners included the "Putting Contest" winner Sandi Sears with ERA/American Realty, and the "Closest to the Hole" winners Michelle Stewart with North Okaloosa Medical Center/Healthy Woman and Mary Plummer with ERA/American Realty. A separate "Learning Women" event, designed for women who are new to the game of golf, was held at the Linkside Golf Center.
A highlight of this year's entire event was the symposium and brunch which featured bestselling author Valorie Burton as the keynote speaker. A much sought-after life coach and speaker, Burton addressed themes in her latest book How Did I Get So Busy? The 28-Day Plan to Free Your Time, Reclaim Your Schedule, and Reconnect with What Matters Most.
Also the author of Listen to Your Life, What's Really Holding You Back? as well as Rich Minds, Rich Rewards and Why Not You? 28 Days to Authentic Confidence, Burton inspired the crowd with her energetic positive message of discovering your own path to personal and professional fulfillment.
"This event was a great opportunity for informal camaraderie and networking while helping to raise funds for NWF State College women's programs," said Lori Kelley, president of the NWFSC Foundation and co-chair of the event. Kelley noted that area businesses participated in the various levels of sponsorship for the women's golf event, including Destin Commons, Army Aviation Center Federal Credit Union, Lois Lunderman, DDS, Merrill Lynch, Sarah Carolyn's at McCaskill & Company, Northwest Florida Daily News and the Northwest Florida State College Leadership Institute.
The golf event benefits the college's Women's Educational Resource Center, scholarship support for college's new teacher education programs, and scholarship support for women to participate in the Allyn C. Donaldson Jr. Entrepreneurial Institute, a program to be housed at the new NWF State College South Walton Center currently under construction.