- Current News
- News Archives
- Emerald Coast Autism Center finds new home at Northwest Florida State College
- Spring 2017 night welding orientation to be held
- New members of NWF State College Pacesetters selected
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society Welcomes New Members
- NWF State College Chooses Stephenson as New President
- Group Advising Sessions Prepare New Students for Spring
- NWF State College Honors Students Earning Teacher Education Bachelor's Degrees
- NWF Welding Students Gain Industry Experience With Visiting Companies
- NWF State College Event Connects Students to Local Employers
- Northwest Florida State College Radiography Program Will Host Info Session
- NWF State College Foundation Provides Scholarship Opportunities to Students
National Tour - Nunsense with Sally Struthers Appears December 4 in Niceville
Sally Struthers stars in Nunsense
Two-time Emmy Award Winner Sally Struthers will appear as Mother Superior in the hilarious Broadway comedy "Nunsense" on December 4 at 7:30 pm at the Mattie Kelly Fine and Performing Arts Center on the Niceville campus of Northwest Florida State College. The national tour of "Nunsense" is part of the center's 12th season of Broadway's best touring shows. Tickets are $45 each and are available from the Box Office by phone at (850) 729-6000 or toll free toll free 1-888-838-ARTS (2787), or may be purchased online at www.mattiekellyartscenter.org. The box office is open Monday to Friday from 9 am to 4 pm and will open at 6:00 p.m. the night of the show for any available at-the-door ticket sales.
"Nunsense" is the hit musical comedy celebrating its 25th anniversary with this special national tour starring Struthers, the popular Broadway, television and film actress. The zany show about the Little Sisters of Hoboken has become an international phenomenon, boasting more than 5,000 productions worldwide in over 21 different languages! Struthers brings this new production and its comic surprises to roaring life as Mother Superior in "A hail of fun and frolic," according to The New York Times. And USA Today called the production, "A hit of the first order." "Nunsense" creator, Dan Goggin was honored recently at a ceremony at Broadway's internationally famous Sardi's restaurant in New York City to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of his now internationally acclaimed production and the addition of Struthers to lead the cast. Goggin noted, "with the addition of Sally Struthers, her wonderful talent, and knack for musical comedy - we think this tour will enchant as well as present the production for a new generation to discover." The original production of the musical comedy ran in New York for over 5 years.
The 25th anniversary production of "Nunsense" that will appear December 4 at the Mattie Kelly Arts Center in Niceville celebrates the original presentation of the highly acclaimed musical comedy with Groggin again directing as those little sisters of Hoboken go through their uproarious song and dance performances.
For a video clip from the show and an interview with Struthers, see the Mattie Kelly Arts Center website.