- NWFSC News 2013
- NWFSC News 2012
- NWFSC News 2011
- NWFSC News 2010
- NWFSC News 2009
- NWFSC News 2008
- NWFSC News 2007
- NWFSC News 2006
- NWFSC News 2005
- NWFSC News 2004
- NWFSC News 2003
- NWFSC News 2002
- NWFSC News 2001
- Spirit of '45 Day Express to Make Stop
- Dental Assisting Graduates Honored
- Paramedic Graduates Honored
- NWF State College to Host Annual College Night
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Graduates Honored
- Parent Information Meetings on Dual Enrollment
- Students Named to President's List and Dean's List for Summer 2014
- Integrated Career and Technical Education Initiative Launched
- Huckabee Event to Benefit College's Music Programs
- NWF State College again recognized as Military Friendly School
- NWF State College Saddened by the Loss of Coach Patrick Harrington
- Celebration of Life set for Coach Patrick Harrington
- Tamela McCorvey Named Acting Head Womenâ€™s Basketball Coach
- Tamela McCorvey Named Acting Head Women's Basketball Coach
- Ribando Compositions Performed in Virginia, New York City
- Free IT Pro Camp Scheduled for Nov. 22
- SGA Reflects Student Involvement at 'All-Time High'
- NWF State College AmeriCorps Program Named Program of the Year
- Rick Flores Classic returns to The Arena
- NWF State College hosts IACP Leading by Legacy training course
- Forensics Team a Finalist in Parliamentary Debate at Star Invitational
NWF State College's Schola Cantorum & Youth Symphony Present Free Holiday Programs
Christmas Old and New
The Northwest Florida State College Schola Cantorum, translated School of Singing, will present a series of free concerts titled "Christmas Old and New" in several locations in December. On Wednesday, December 3 at 7:00 pm, the group will perform at Good Shepherd Lutheran Church in Shalimar; on Sunday, December 7 at 6:30 pm at Holy Trinity Lutheran Church in Fort Walton Beach; on Monday, December 15 at 7:00 pm at First Presbyterian Church in Crestview; and a final performance on Wednesday, December 17 at 7:00 pm at St. Simon's-on-the Sound Episcopal Church in Fort Walton Beach. The program consists of music from across the ages and is mostly unaccompanied by instruments.
The NWF State College Schola Cantorum is a 12 member select chorus comprised of a diverse group of singers from over the two county area and has performing throughout the region since 2000. The group is directed by John Leatherwood, an emeritus music professor at the college. For more information call 830-2062.
Youth Orchestra & Junior Orchestra Perform Free Concert December 7
The Northwest Florida Symphony Youth Orchestra and the newly-formed Junior Orchestra of Northwest Florida State College will perform a free concert on Sunday, December 7 at 3:00 p.m. on the main stage of the Mattie Kelly Fine and Performing Arts Center at NWF State College in Niceville. The performance will include music by Mozart, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky and Copland along with some favorite Holiday selections.
Prior to the concert, the Northwest Florida Symphony Guild's Student Enrichment Committee will host a Silent Auction and Raffle from 1:45 p.m. until 2:45 p.m. There is no cost to enjoy this fun event, but please bring your checkbook and bid generously to support these wonderful young musicians!
The Junior Orchestra is a string ensemble comprised of young string students with at least 2 years of experience in grades 4 to 8 from Okaloosa and Walton Counties. The group is a stepping stone to the more advanced Northwest Florida Symphony Youth Orchestra and is the only program of its kind in the area. The Youth Orchestra is comprised of 50 talented students in grades 5-12 from Okaloosa, Walton and Santa Rosa Counties. Both ensembles are conducted by Liz Aylor, who is also the director of the Symphonic String's program in Okaloosa County.
The groups are sponsored in part by Northwest Florida State College and the Northwest Florida Symphony Guild. For more information on the performance or either of the performing groups please contact the NWF State College Fine Arts Office at 729-5382 or Liz Aylor at 651-4308. For more information concerning the Silent Auction please contact Theresa Dennis at 621-4093.