- Current News
- News Archives
- Emerald Coast Autism Center finds new home at Northwest Florida State College
- Spring 2017 night welding orientation to be held
- New members of NWF State College Pacesetters selected
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society Welcomes New Members
- NWF State College Chooses Stephenson as New President
- Group Advising Sessions Prepare New Students for Spring
Mattie Kelly Arts Center Opens Ticket Sales for 2008 OWC Productions & Announces Free Arts Events
The Mattie Kelly Fine and Performing Arts Center at Okaloosa-Walton College has opened ticket sales for all 2008 OWC productions, including the popular annual performances of the college's show choir, Dance Facets, the spring theatrical production of Shakespeare's "Twelfth Night", the summer musical "Gypsy", and all remaining Northwest Florida Symphony Orchestra performances. Tickets for any of these events may be purchased now through the center's box office or website. Several free arts events for which no tickets are required have also been scheduled.
The 2008 OWC events which are now available for purchase include:
- "Northwest Florida Symphony Orchestra - Stars of Tomorrow" on February 22 in the Mattie Kelly Arts Center's mainstage theater. The concert features the top winners of the prestigious 21st annual Concerto Competition as guest artists, as well as performance by the orchestra of Rossini's Barber of Seville Overture and Francis Poulenc's Story of Babar the Elephant. Tickets are $22.50 for adults and $16 for youth 18 & under.
- "Twelfth Night" on March 19, 20, 21 and 22 in the Mattie Kelly Arts Center's Sprint Theater. This OWC theatrical production of William Shakespeare's comedy of mistaken identity and the madness of love is $15 for adults and $10 for youth. The Sprint Theater is the smaller of the two theaters at the arts complex and seating is limited. Advance tickets are strongly encouraged.
- "Northwest Florida Symphony Orchestra - Beethoven and Friends" on April 18 in the Mattie Kelly Arts Center's mainstage theater. The NFSO performs Mendelssohn's Overture to the Beautiful Melusine, based on the story of The Little Mermaid, along with Haydn's powerful Lord Nelson Mass, featuring the Northwest Florida Symphony Chorus, and Beethoven's Symphony No. 7 in A Major. Tickets are $22.50 for adults and $16 for youth 18 & under.
- "Dance Facets" on April 25 and 26 in the Mattie Kelly Arts Center's mainstage theater. This popular annual dance concert will include performance of original work choreographed by guest artist Audrey Balavoine of France and everything from classical pointe work to an 'extreme makeover'. The entire concert will consist of 10 choreographic works featuring four student works and 50 student, faculty and community dancers. The event is a fundraiser for the OWC dance program and tickets are $15 for adults and $10 for youth.
- "Soundsations Show Choir Season Finale" on May 2 in the Mattie Kelly Arts Center's mainstage theater. OWC's sensational show choir features scholarship dance and vocal students who will perform an energetic Las Vegas revue with everything from Motown to gospel, country and more. The event is a fundraiser for the show choir and tickets are $15 for adults and $10 for youth.
- "Gypsy" on July 9, 10, 11, and 12 in the Mattie Kelly Arts Center's mainstage theater. The OWC summer musical production is always a highlight of the local theatrical season. In "Gyspy" the raw side of show business is shown as stage mother, Rose, pushes her daughters into a life she hopes will lead them to stardom. This musical will take you on an emotional ride to see the bright and dark side of a show business life. Tickets are $20 for adults and $15 for youth.
Also available now from the Mattie Kelly Arts Center box office are tickets for various guest events scheduled at the center, including a February 28 appearance by a troupe of Celtic musicians and dancers in "The Magic of Ireland", March 7 and 9 performances by the Pensacola Opera of "La Boheme", and an April 8 performance of the national tour of the Broadway show "RENT".
Free arts events for which no tickets are required include:
- OWC Jazz Band Concert - "Raiders of the Lost Art", April 29 at 7:30 pm in the Mattie Kelly Arts Center mainstage theater.
- OWC Madrigals and Bella Voci Concert, May 1 in the Tyler Recital Hall at the Mattie Kelly Arts Center. OWC's Madrigals singers and Bella Voci women's ensemble perform a cappella music ranging from Renaissance to contemporary vocal, jazz and spirituals.
- OWC Northwest Florida Symphony Youth Orchestra, May 2 in the Mattie Kelly Arts Center mainstage theater. The talented youth orchestra of more than 55 young musicians performs classical and pops musical selections.
Other free events scheduled at the center include art exhibits in the Mattie Kelly Arts Center McIlroy and Holzhauer galleries. Galleries are open Monday to Thursday from 9 am to 4 pm, Sundays from 1 to 4 pm and 90 minutes prior to most evening performances scheduled in the center's mainstage theater. The annual OWC Arnie Hart Juried Student Show and OWC Faculty Show will appear March 9 to April 17. The annual Arts and Design Society (ADSO) juried show will appear May 4 to June 5.
For a complete events listing see the center's website at www.owc.edu/arts. The OWC Mattie Kelly Arts Center box office phone and in-person hours are Monday to Friday; 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Call (850) 729-6000 or toll free 1-888-838.ARTS (2787). Or, purchase tickets on-line at www.owc.edu/arts.
The Mattie Kelly Fine and Performing Arts Center is located at 100 College Boulevard on the Niceville, Florida campus of Okaloosa-Walton College. The center is easily accessible via Interstate 10, U.S. Highway 285, U. S. Highway 85 and the Mid-Bay Bridge.