- Current News
- News Archives
- Emerald Coast Autism Center finds new home at Northwest Florida State College
- Spring 2017 night welding orientation to be held
- New members of NWF State College Pacesetters selected
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society Welcomes New Members
- NWF State College Chooses Stephenson as New President
- Group Advising Sessions Prepare New Students for Spring
Northwest Florida Symphony Guild
The 13th Annual Northwest Florida Symphony Guild's "Picture the Music" Art Contest winners were announced at the Northwest Florida Symphony Orchestra 5th grade concerts held at the Mattie Kelly Arts Center on February 22. The contest was open to all fifth grade students in Okaloosa and Walton Counties. This year's theme was the Story of Babar the Little Elephant, in keeping with one of the musical selections performed for the students by the Northwest Florida Symphony Orchestra at the 5th Graders concerts.
Winning first place and a cash prize was Emily Walker, a homeschooled student, second place was awarded to Tyler Armbruster of Van R. Butler Elementary School, and third place was awarded to Caroline Krafcik of Bluewater Elementary School. Honorable Mentions were given to Molly Hodges and Bethany Neale of Paxton School; Lucas Clawson of Bluewater Elementary School; Ana Hayden-Horner, Alex Lamberson, and Ellen Wright of Van R. Butler Elementary School; Vanessa Davila of Freeport Elementary School; and Brittany Robertson of Maude-Saunders Elementary School.