- Current News
- News Archives
- Emerald Coast Autism Center finds new home at Northwest Florida State College
- Spring 2017 night welding orientation to be held
- New members of NWF State College Pacesetters selected
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society Welcomes New Members
- NWF State College Chooses Stephenson as New President
- Group Advising Sessions Prepare New Students for Spring
- NWF State College Honors Students Earning Teacher Education Bachelor's Degrees
- NWF Welding Students Gain Industry Experience With Visiting Companies
- NWF State College Event Connects Students to Local Employers
- Northwest Florida State College Radiography Program Will Host Info Session
- NWF State College Foundation Provides Scholarship Opportunities to Students
- Northwest Florida State College seeks noteworthy alumni
Arnie Hart Juried Student Exhibition Award Winners Announced Art Shows Exhibit Through April 17
Awards for the annual Arnie Hart Juried Student Exhibition were announced at the gallery opening reception held recently at the galleries at the Mattie Kelly Arts Center at Okaloosa-Walton College in Niceville. This year's submissions were judged by Dr. Gleny Beach, Assistant Professor, and Chair of the Visual Arts Department at Southeastern Oklahoma State University.
"Best of Show" was awarded to Dara North of Navarre for her piece entitled "Hanna's First Sitting". First place in the 2-Dimensional category went to Lynette A. Miesen of Niceville for "Wetlands", second place went to Mo Dao of Niceville for "Reflections", and third place went to Denielle Bergens-Harmon of Crestview for "You Are Silently Watching Me Drown". In the 3-Dimensional category first place went to Anita Hester of Fort Walton Beach for "Cinched", second place went to Daryl Clark of Niceville for "Regeneration", and third place went to Jennifer Vogel of Fort Walton Beach for "Come on Mommy". Numerous Merit and Honorable Mention awards were awarded as well. Jean Hart, wife of the late OWC art instructor Arnie Hart, provided a gift to help fund the exhibition and awards.
The student exhibition is on display through April 17 in the McIlroy Gallery of the Mattie Kelly Arts Center on the OWC Niceville campus. Works by faculty of the OWC Humanities, Fine and Performing Arts Division are on display at the Holzhauer Gallery during the same period. Media in the exhibits includes two-dimensional and three-dimensional works in painting, sculpture, photography, ceramics and more. The Mattie Kelly Arts Center Galleries are open Monday to Thursday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. The Galleries will be closed March 31 through April 6 for OWC Spring Break. For more information, contact the galleries at 729-6044 or go online www.owc.edu/arts.