- Current News
- News Archives
- Emerald Coast Autism Center finds new home at Northwest Florida State College
- Spring 2017 night welding orientation to be held
- New members of NWF State College Pacesetters selected
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society Welcomes New Members
- NWF State College Chooses Stephenson as New President
- Group Advising Sessions Prepare New Students for Spring
- NWF State College Honors Students Earning Teacher Education Bachelor's Degrees
- NWF Welding Students Gain Industry Experience With Visiting Companies
- NWF State College Event Connects Students to Local Employers
- Northwest Florida State College Radiography Program Will Host Info Session
- NWF State College Foundation Provides Scholarship Opportunities to Students
- Northwest Florida State College seeks noteworthy alumni
- Students named to President’s List and Dean’s List for fall 2016 semester
- Former University of Alabama and Dallas Cowboy Football Champion to visit NWF
- NWF Career Center Job Fair presents employment opportunities
- NWF Collegiate High School Academic Team wins big
- Northwest Florida State College Recognizes Fall 2016 Graduates
- NWF State College Nursing Program Ranked in Florida’s Top 20
- NWF State College Students Named to All-Florida Academic Team
New Exhibitions at OWC Mattie Kelly Arts Center Galleries: Arts & Design Society 16th Regional Juried Fine Arts Exhibition and '07 Best in Show Winner Lance deHaven-Smith
Two new art exhibits will be on display May 4 to June 5 at the Mattie Kelly Fine and Performing Arts Center Galleries in Niceville on the campus of Okaloosa-Walton College. An artists' reception and awards ceremony will be held in the OWC Holzhauer and McIlroy Galleries on Sunday, May 4 from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. Both the opening reception and the exhibits are free and open to the public.
The Arts and Design Society of Fort Walton Beach, Inc. presents the sixteenth Regional Juried Fine Arts Exhibition in the McIlroy Gallery at the Mattie Kelly Fine & Performing Arts Center Galleries. This year's juror is Sue Laing Chapman, Master of Fine Arts, University of British Columbia and Art Instructor at Jefferson Davis Community College in Brewton, Alabama.
The Holzhauer Gallery features the 2007 ADSO Best in Show (Golden Brush Award), Lance deHaven-Smith. Lance is a Professor of Public Administration and Policy at Florida State University and is a well-known expert on Florida history and government. He is the author of over a dozen books on topics ranging from religion to politics. His artwork is a unique aspect of his lifelong study of politics. It explores varying ways in which power is expressed in architecture, personality, and nature.
Gallery hours for the two exhibits are Monday to Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Sundays from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 pm and 90 minutes prior to most performances in the main stage theater at the center. For information, contact the gallery office at (850) 729-6044.