- NWFSC News 2014
- NWFSC News 2013
- NWFSC News 2012
- NWFSC News 2011
- NWFSC News 2010
- NWFSC News 2009
- NWFSC News 2008
- NWFSC News 2007
- NWFSC News 2006
- NWFSC News 2005
- NWFSC News 2004
- NWFSC News 2003
- NWFSC News 2002
- NWFSC News 2001
- Spirit of '45 Day Express
- Science Seminar Series
- Nursing Program Recognized
- NWFSC Honors Nursing Graduates
- NWFSC Honors EMT Graduates
- NWFSC Honors Teacher Ed. Graduates
- Nursing program seeks
- Foundation Seeks Distinguished Alumni
- Forensics Team a Finalist
- NWFSC hosts IACP
- Rick Flores Classic Returns
- NWFSC AmeriCorps Program of the Year
- Student Involvement at 'All-Time High'
- Free IT Pro Camp
- All Sports Association Creates Endowment in Memory of Coach Patrick Harrington
- NWF State College Hosts Annual Computer Tech Event
- Nursing Program Seeks ACEN Accreditation, Hosts Public Meeting
- NWF State College Recognizes Honors Students for Fall 2014 Term
New Exhibitions at OWC Mattie Kelly Arts Center Galleries: Selections from the Permanent Collection, Recent Acquisitions, and Marie Snow Green
Painting from Collection
Two new art exhibits will be on display June 22 to July 24 at the Mattie Kelly Fine and Performing Arts Center Galleries in Niceville on the campus of Okaloosa-Walton College. Both of the exhibits are free and open to the public.
Selections from the OWC Art Galleries' permanent collection and recent acquisitions will be featured in the McIlroy Gallery. Work from Emil Holzhauer and Salvador Dali, as well as masks from around the world from the Dr. Anne and Dr. Henning Harmuth Collection, which is housed at the OWC Art Galleries, will be on display.
The Holzhauer Gallery will feature a selection of watercolors by the late Marie Snow Greene, a student and friend of Emil Holzhauer. Several years ago, Mrs. Greene donated a number of her personal artworks and paintings by other well-known artists including Emil Holzhauer, Paul Starrett Sample, and Milford Zornes to OWC. After her death earlier this year, the college received a gift of additional artworks by Mrs. Greene. The college has named the Marie Snow Greene Visual Arts Building on the Niceville campus in her memory.
The artworks in the exhibition in the Holzhauer Gallery represent only a small portion of Marie Greene's generous gift. A selection of Greene's watercolors will be available for purchase at an auction conducted by Mr. William Garrett on Friday, July 25 at 6:00 pm in the Holzhauer Gallery. Refreshments will be served.
The OWC Mattie Kelly Arts Center Galleries are located on the Niceville Campus of Okaloosa-Walton College and are open Monday to Thursday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. For more information, contact the galleries at (850)729-6044 or go online at www.owc.edu/arts.