- Current News
- News Archives
- Emerald Coast Autism Center finds new home at Northwest Florida State College
- Spring 2017 night welding orientation to be held
- New members of NWF State College Pacesetters selected
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society Welcomes New Members
- NWF State College Chooses Stephenson as New President
- Group Advising Sessions Prepare New Students for Spring
- NWF State College Honors Students Earning Teacher Education Bachelor's Degrees
- NWF Welding Students Gain Industry Experience With Visiting Companies
- NWF State College Event Connects Students to Local Employers
- Northwest Florida State College Radiography Program Will Host Info Session
- NWF State College Foundation Provides Scholarship Opportunities to Students
New Exhibitions at OWC Mattie Kelly Arts Center Galleries: Selections from the Permanent Collection, Recent Acquisitions, and Marie Snow Green
Painting from Collection
Two new art exhibits will be on display June 22 to July 24 at the Mattie Kelly Fine and Performing Arts Center Galleries in Niceville on the campus of Okaloosa-Walton College. Both of the exhibits are free and open to the public.
Selections from the OWC Art Galleries' permanent collection and recent acquisitions will be featured in the McIlroy Gallery. Work from Emil Holzhauer and Salvador Dali, as well as masks from around the world from the Dr. Anne and Dr. Henning Harmuth Collection, which is housed at the OWC Art Galleries, will be on display.
The Holzhauer Gallery will feature a selection of watercolors by the late Marie Snow Greene, a student and friend of Emil Holzhauer. Several years ago, Mrs. Greene donated a number of her personal artworks and paintings by other well-known artists including Emil Holzhauer, Paul Starrett Sample, and Milford Zornes to OWC. After her death earlier this year, the college received a gift of additional artworks by Mrs. Greene. The college has named the Marie Snow Greene Visual Arts Building on the Niceville campus in her memory.
The artworks in the exhibition in the Holzhauer Gallery represent only a small portion of Marie Greene's generous gift. A selection of Greene's watercolors will be available for purchase at an auction conducted by Mr. William Garrett on Friday, July 25 at 6:00 pm in the Holzhauer Gallery. Refreshments will be served.
The OWC Mattie Kelly Arts Center Galleries are located on the Niceville Campus of Okaloosa-Walton College and are open Monday to Thursday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sunday 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. For more information, contact the galleries at (850)729-6044 or go online at www.owc.edu/arts.