- Current News
- News Archives
- Emerald Coast Autism Center finds new home at Northwest Florida State College
- Spring 2017 night welding orientation to be held
- New members of NWF State College Pacesetters selected
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society Welcomes New Members
- NWF State College Chooses Stephenson as New President
- Group Advising Sessions Prepare New Students for Spring
- NWF State College Honors Students Earning Teacher Education Bachelor's Degrees
- NWF Welding Students Gain Industry Experience With Visiting Companies
- NWF State College Event Connects Students to Local Employers
- Northwest Florida State College Radiography Program Will Host Info Session
Northwest Florida Symphony Youth Orchestra Performs Free Concert May 11
The Northwest Florida Symphony Youth Orchestra (NFSYO) will perform a free concert on Sunday, May 11at 3:00 p.m. on the main stage of the Mattie Kelly Fine and Performing Arts Center at Okaloosa-Walton College in Niceville. The performance will include music by Brahms, Saint-Saens, and Tchaikovsky, as well as some favorite Pops selections including the theme from Halo and selections from Harry Potter.
The concert is free and open to the public; however donations to support the youth program are welcomed.
The NFSYO comprises more than 50 talented student musicians in grades 5 to 12 from Okaloosa, Walton and Santa Rosa Counties. The symphony is conducted by Liz Aylor, who is also the Director of the Symphonic Strings program in the Okaloosa County Schools.
The group is sponsored in part by Okaloosa-Walton College and the Northwest Florida Symphony Orchestra Guild. For more information on the performance or the NFSYO please contact the OWC Fine Arts Office at 729-5382 or Liz Aylor at 651-4308.