- Current News
- News Archives
- Emerald Coast Autism Center finds new home at Northwest Florida State College
- Spring 2017 night welding orientation to be held
- New members of NWF State College Pacesetters selected
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society Welcomes New Members
- NWF State College Chooses Stephenson as New President
- Group Advising Sessions Prepare New Students for Spring
- NWF State College Honors Students Earning Teacher Education Bachelor's Degrees
- NWF Welding Students Gain Industry Experience With Visiting Companies
- NWF State College Event Connects Students to Local Employers
- Northwest Florida State College Radiography Program Will Host Info Session
- NWF State College Foundation Provides Scholarship Opportunities to Students
Two Summer Drama Programs Offered at OWC
- New Children's Summer Intensive Study Theater Workshop Age 6 to 13
- Creative Dramatics Ages 13 to College
Two separate drama programs for youth will be offered at Okaloosa-Walton College in Niceville this summer, including a new Intensive Theater Workshop for ages 6 to 13 and a Creative Dramatics program for youth age 13 through college.
The Children's Summer Intensive Study Theater Workshop is for youth ages 6 to 13 who are interested in learning more about in-depth character and script analysis techniques as well as vocal and dance warm up techniques and styles. The workshop is Monday to Thursday from June 9 to July 3 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the Mattie Kelly Arts Center on the OWC Niceville campus.
Through the guidance of two musical theater professionals, young students will have the opportunity to perform vaudeville skits and songs in the lobby of the Mattie Kelly Arts Center before the show or during intermission of OWC's summer musical production of "Gypsy" on July 9 through 12 at 7:30 p.m. Registration for the four week non-credit workshop is $300. Interested students should register for course number XKD 3200B/Ref# 57474 now at any OWC campus or center. Contact the OWC Continuing Education Department at 729-6085 for more information on registration or the workshop.
The Creative Dramatics program will be held June 9 to 26. Participants age 13 through college-age will learn about choreography, acting, voice, makeup and staging and will star in a production of "Fiddler on the Roof Jr." in the Sprint Theater of the OWC Mattie Kelly Fine and Performing Arts Center. This special edition is one of Broadway's great masterpieces and is ideal for encouraging young people to think about their roots, as well as to deal with the important issues of community, tradition, tolerance and faith.
Enrollment for Creative Dramatics is open now through June 9 at any OWC location. No prior experience in theater is required and eligible high school and college students may earn college credit. The final production of the workshop participants, "Fiddler on the Roof Jr." will be performed Thursday, June 26 at the Sprint Theater at the Mattie Kelly Arts Center. The performance is open to the public and free of charge. Those interested in Creative Dramatics should enroll in OWC course numbers DAA1580-55261 (Musical Theater Dance I) and THE2820-55605 (Creative Dramatics). The regular fee for enrollment is $252. High school students may be eligible to take the Creative Dramatics class free of charge through dual enrollment. For more information on Creative Dramatics contact Mary Lou Baker in the OWC Fine Arts Office at 729-5832.