- NWFSC News 2013
- NWFSC News 2012
- NWFSC News 2011
- NWFSC News 2010
- NWFSC News 2009
- NWFSC News 2008
- NWFSC News 2007
- NWFSC News 2006
- NWFSC News 2005
- NWFSC News 2004
- NWFSC News 2003
- NWFSC News 2002
- NWFSC News 2001
- Spirit of '45 Day Express to Make Stop
- Dental Assisting Graduates Honored
- Paramedic Graduates Honored
- NWF State College to Host Annual College Night
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Graduates Honored
- Parent Information Meetings on Dual Enrollment
- Students Named to President's List and Dean's List for Summer 2014
- Integrated Career and Technical Education Initiative Launched
- Huckabee Event to Benefit College's Music Programs
- NWF State College again recognized as Military Friendly School
- NWF State College Saddened by the Loss of Coach Patrick Harrington
- Celebration of Life set for Coach Patrick Harrington
- Tamela McCorvey Named Acting Head Womenâ€™s Basketball Coach
- Tamela McCorvey Named Acting Head Women's Basketball Coach
- Ribando Compositions Performed in Virginia, New York City
- Free IT Pro Camp Scheduled for Nov. 22
- SGA Reflects Student Involvement at 'All-Time High'
Two Summer Drama Programs Offered at OWC
- New Children's Summer Intensive Study Theater Workshop Age 6 to 13
- Creative Dramatics Ages 13 to College
Two separate drama programs for youth will be offered at Okaloosa-Walton College in Niceville this summer, including a new Intensive Theater Workshop for ages 6 to 13 and a Creative Dramatics program for youth age 13 through college.
The Children's Summer Intensive Study Theater Workshop is for youth ages 6 to 13 who are interested in learning more about in-depth character and script analysis techniques as well as vocal and dance warm up techniques and styles. The workshop is Monday to Thursday from June 9 to July 3 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the Mattie Kelly Arts Center on the OWC Niceville campus.
Through the guidance of two musical theater professionals, young students will have the opportunity to perform vaudeville skits and songs in the lobby of the Mattie Kelly Arts Center before the show or during intermission of OWC's summer musical production of "Gypsy" on July 9 through 12 at 7:30 p.m. Registration for the four week non-credit workshop is $300. Interested students should register for course number XKD 3200B/Ref# 57474 now at any OWC campus or center. Contact the OWC Continuing Education Department at 729-6085 for more information on registration or the workshop.
The Creative Dramatics program will be held June 9 to 26. Participants age 13 through college-age will learn about choreography, acting, voice, makeup and staging and will star in a production of "Fiddler on the Roof Jr." in the Sprint Theater of the OWC Mattie Kelly Fine and Performing Arts Center. This special edition is one of Broadway's great masterpieces and is ideal for encouraging young people to think about their roots, as well as to deal with the important issues of community, tradition, tolerance and faith.
Enrollment for Creative Dramatics is open now through June 9 at any OWC location. No prior experience in theater is required and eligible high school and college students may earn college credit. The final production of the workshop participants, "Fiddler on the Roof Jr." will be performed Thursday, June 26 at the Sprint Theater at the Mattie Kelly Arts Center. The performance is open to the public and free of charge. Those interested in Creative Dramatics should enroll in OWC course numbers DAA1580-55261 (Musical Theater Dance I) and THE2820-55605 (Creative Dramatics). The regular fee for enrollment is $252. High school students may be eligible to take the Creative Dramatics class free of charge through dual enrollment. For more information on Creative Dramatics contact Mary Lou Baker in the OWC Fine Arts Office at 729-5832.