- NWFSC News 2013
- NWFSC News 2012
- NWFSC News 2011
- NWFSC News 2010
- NWFSC News 2009
- NWFSC News 2008
- NWFSC News 2007
- NWFSC News 2006
- NWFSC News 2005
- NWFSC News 2004
- NWFSC News 2003
- NWFSC News 2002
- NWFSC News 2001
- Spirit of '45 Day Express to Make Stop
- Dental Assisting Graduates Honored
- Paramedic Graduates Honored
- NWF State College to Host Annual College Night
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Graduates Honored
- Parent Information Meetings on Dual Enrollment
- Students Named to President's List and Dean's List for Summer 2014
- Integrated Career and Technical Education Initiative Launched
- Huckabee Event to Benefit College's Music Programs
- NWF State College again recognized as Military Friendly School
- NWF State College Saddened by the Loss of Coach Patrick Harrington
- Celebration of Life set for Coach Patrick Harrington
- Tamela McCorvey Named Acting Head Womenâ€™s Basketball Coach
- Tamela McCorvey Named Acting Head Women's Basketball Coach
- Ribando Compositions Performed in Virginia, New York City
- Free IT Pro Camp Scheduled for Nov. 22
- SGA Reflects Student Involvement at 'All-Time High'
- NWF State College AmeriCorps Program Named Program of the Year
- Rick Flores Classic returns to The Arena
- NWF State College hosts IACP Leading by Legacy training course
- Forensics Team a Finalist in Parliamentary Debate at Star Invitational
- NWF State College students stand out at Florida Theatre Conference
'GYPSY' Summer Musical Cast Announced, Tickets Now Available for OWC July 9, 10, 11 & 12 Shows
Rachael Jones as Gypsy Rose Lee
NICEVILLE- The cast for Okaloosa-Walton College's summer musical production of Gypsy, has been announced. A riveting production filled with song and dance, Gypsy is based on the memoirs of famous burlesque entertainer Gypsy Rose Lee. The OWC production will be presented July 9, 10, 11, and 12 at 7:30 pm on the mainstage of the OWC Mattie Kelly Fine and Performing Arts Center in Niceville. Tickets are now on sale by calling the box office at 729-6000 or may be purchased online at www.owc.edu/arts and are $20 each for adults and $15 each for youth age 18 and younger.
The OWC production of Gypsy is based on the Broadway revival of Arthur Laurent's original book and features Jule Styne music and lyrics by Stephen Sondheim. The lead roles in the OWC show are: Darla Briganti of Holt as Rose, the classic overbearing stage mother who is determined to break into the big time by pushing her younger daughter, June, portrayed by Savannah Simmerly of Niceville, into a vaudeville career. The musical follows Rose and her two daughters as they travel across the U.S. during the late 1920's and early 1930's as vaudeville was dying and burlesque was born. When June elopes with a dancer, Tulsa, portrayed by Tim Norton of Niceville, mother Rose focuses all her attention on her older and less talented daughter, Louise, portrayed by Rachael Jones of Freeport, who eventually transforms into Gypsy Rose Lee.
Other lead roles are portrayed by Bruce Culpepper of DeFuniak Springs as mother Rose's boyfriend Herbie, Alyssa Nielsen of Cantonment as Baby June, and Alexis Reid of Shalimar as Baby Louise.
Various supporting female roles in Gypsy from Hollywood blondes to strippers and Minsky girls will be played by:
Crestview: Nalia Bauer and Rita Dailey
DeFuniak Springs: Gillian Poole
Destin: Francesca Carollo
Ft. Walton Beach: Suzanne Faison, Cara Ratliff, Helena Whittaker, Courtney Williams, Christa Whittaker and Sydney Whittaker
Gulf Breeze: Maggie Daughtry
Mary Esther: Melissa Wolf, Kaitlyn Fritz
Navarre: Savannah Judkins
Niceville: Jessica Borella, Jessica Erickson, Holly Johnson, Lauren Rew, Amber Mullins, Mary Grace Rahm, Melissa Whitworth, Jessica Wise, Danielle Fox, Tara Marler, and Elly Schaffer
Shalimar: Dharbi Jens, Cindy Riggenbach, Alexis Reid, Abigail Riggenbach, and Jaden Wilson
Santa Rosa Beach: Ruthie Christie
Vvylie, TX: Stephany Heath
A number of the male roles supporting roles will be played by:
Crestview: Jarick Rivers
DeFuniak Springs: Jeremey Cowart
Destin: Kyle Poppell
Florala: Austin Bradley
Ft. Walton Beach: Max Murdock
Mary Esther: Sean Cuttler, Jared Gibson and Warner Olson.
Niceville: Clint Mahle and Danny Thomas
Santa Rosa Beach: Camden Schjott
Shalimar: John Guzalak
The OWC production of Gypsy also includes a backstage crew of more than 35 who are involved in the technical aspects of the show from set design to lighting.
Notable songs performed in the OWC production of Gypsy will include Let Me Entertain You, Some People, You'll Never Get Away From Me, If Momma Was Married, All I Need Is The Girl, Everything's Coming Up Roses, You Gotta Get a Gimmick, and Together Wherever We Go.
OWC's summer productions are always popular events, so purchase your tickets today for this superb musical filled with song, dance, and more than a tad of tease! Purchase tickets by phone or in-person from the box office from 9 am to 4 pm Monday to Friday or through the OWC Mattie Kelly Arts Center's online ticketing system at www.owc.edu/arts. The Mattie Kelly Arts Center is on the Niceville campus of Okaloosa-Walton College at 100 College Boulevard and is easily accessible from Interstate 10 and the Mid-Bay Bridge, between State Highways 85 and 285.