- NWFSC News 2013
- NWFSC News 2012
- NWFSC News 2011
- NWFSC News 2010
- NWFSC News 2009
- NWFSC News 2008
- NWFSC News 2007
- NWFSC News 2006
- NWFSC News 2005
- NWFSC News 2004
- NWFSC News 2003
- NWFSC News 2002
- NWFSC News 2001
- Spirit of '45 Day Express to Make Stop
- Dental Assisting Graduates Honored
- Paramedic Graduates Honored
- NWF State College to Host Annual College Night
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Graduates Honored
- Parent Information Meetings on Dual Enrollment
- Students Named to President's List and Dean's List for Summer 2014
- Integrated Career and Technical Education Initiative Launched
- Huckabee Event to Benefit College's Music Programs
- NWF State College again recognized as Military Friendly School
- NWF State College Saddened by the Loss of Coach Patrick Harrington
- Celebration of Life set for Coach Patrick Harrington
- Tamela McCorvey Named Acting Head Womenâ€™s Basketball Coach
- Tamela McCorvey Named Acting Head Women's Basketball Coach
- Ribando Compositions Performed in Virginia, New York City
- Free IT Pro Camp Scheduled for Nov. 22
- SGA Reflects Student Involvement at 'All-Time High'
- NWF State College AmeriCorps Program Named Program of the Year
OWC-The Basics: Information Sessions for New & Prospective Students, June 24 & 26
The OWC Basics flyer.
Okaloosa-Walton College will hold an information session, "OWC-The Basics: What You Need to Know to Begin College", for new and prospective students on June 24 at the Niceville Campus and on June 26 at the Fort Walton Beach Campus. Both sessions will run from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm. Information about OWC, the admissions process, financial aid, OWC programs of study -- including bachelor's and associate degrees and certificate programs -- will all be available. Those interested in starting OWC in the upcoming Fall term are especially encouraged to attend. The Niceville campus session will be held in the College Mall gallery in building K and the Fort Walton Beach campus session will be held in the administration building 1, Room 126.
OWC Student Services staff and Academic Advisors will be available to provide prospective students with individual assistance to fill out admissions and residency forms, provide placement testing information, and answer questions. Academic department directors and instructors from select OWC programs of study, including public safety, the new bachelor's degree programs in teacher education, and more, as well as OWC Career Center and Student Activities staff will also be available to provide information.
Financial aid staff will be available at each session to answer questions about scholarships, grants, loans and other financial aid concerns. Financial aid is based on individual need, educational costs, availability of funds, and in some cases, merit. OWC offers among the lowest college tuition in Florida and a comprehensive student financial aid program.
Okaloosa-Walton College has an open-door policy for admissions and there is no fee to submit admissions forms. The college is now accepting new students for the fall term that begins in August. For more information on Okaloosa-Walton College and "OWC-The Basics" please visit www.owc.edu or call Maddie Fricano, Coordinator of Recruitment at (850) 729-6467.