- Current News
- News Archives
- Emerald Coast Autism Center finds new home at Northwest Florida State College
- Spring 2017 night welding orientation to be held
- New members of NWF State College Pacesetters selected
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society Welcomes New Members
- NWF State College Chooses Stephenson as New President
- Group Advising Sessions Prepare New Students for Spring
- NWF State College Honors Students Earning Teacher Education Bachelor's Degrees
- NWF Welding Students Gain Industry Experience With Visiting Companies
- NWF State College Event Connects Students to Local Employers
- Northwest Florida State College Radiography Program Will Host Info Session
- NWF State College Foundation Provides Scholarship Opportunities to Students
- Northwest Florida State College seeks noteworthy alumni
OWC - The Basics: Information Session for New & Prospective Students, July 17 in DeFuniak Springs
Okaloosa-Walton College will hold an information session, "OWC-The Basics: What You Need to Know to Begin College", for new and prospective students on July 17 at the college's Chautauqua Center in DeFuniak Springs, located at 908 U.S. Highway 90 west. The session will run from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm in building one, room 154. Information about OWC, the college's open door admissions process, financial aid, special in-state fees for Alabama residents, and OWC programs of study will all be available.
Staff will also provide information about the college's new Bachelor of Science degrees in Elementary Education and Middle Grades Math and Science Education. Representatives from OWC's Basic Recruit Academy programs will be on hand to answer questions from those interested in a career as a law enforcement or corrections officer. The college will offer the Correctional Officer Academy in DeFuniak Springs in the Fall term in an evening and weekend class format.
OWC Student Services staff and Academic Advisors will be available to provide prospective students with individual assistance to fill out admissions and residency forms, provide placement testing information, and answer questions. Financial aid staff will be available to answer questions about scholarships, grants, loans and other financial aid concerns. OWC offers among the lowest college tuition in Florida and a comprehensive student financial aid program.
Those interested in starting OWC in the upcoming Fall term are especially encouraged to attend the July 17 session. Okaloosa-Walton College has an open-door policy for admissions and there is no fee to submit admissions forms. The college is now accepting new students for the fall term that begins in August and the Spring term that begins in January.
For more information on Okaloosa-Walton College or directions to the college's Walton County location,please visit www.owc.edu or call Maddie Fricano, Coordinator of Recruitment at (850) 729-6467 or the OWC Chautauqua Center at (850) 892-8100.