- NWFSC News 2013
- NWFSC News 2012
- NWFSC News 2011
- NWFSC News 2010
- NWFSC News 2009
- NWFSC News 2008
- NWFSC News 2007
- NWFSC News 2006
- NWFSC News 2005
- NWFSC News 2004
- NWFSC News 2003
- NWFSC News 2002
- NWFSC News 2001
- Spirit of '45 Day Express to Make Stop
- Dental Assisting Graduates Honored
- Paramedic Graduates Honored
- NWF State College to Host Annual College Night
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Graduates Honored
- Parent Information Meetings on Dual Enrollment
- Students Named to President's List and Dean's List for Summer 2014
- Integrated Career and Technical Education Initiative Launched
- Huckabee Event to Benefit College's Music Programs
- NWF State College again recognized as Military Friendly School
- NWF State College Saddened by the Loss of Coach Patrick Harrington
- Celebration of Life set for Coach Patrick Harrington
- Tamela McCorvey Named Acting Head Womenâ€™s Basketball Coach
- Tamela McCorvey Named Acting Head Women's Basketball Coach
- Ribando Compositions Performed in Virginia, New York City
- Free IT Pro Camp Scheduled for Nov. 22
- SGA Reflects Student Involvement at 'All-Time High'
- NWF State College AmeriCorps Program Named Program of the Year
- Rick Flores Classic returns to The Arena
- NWF State College hosts IACP Leading by Legacy training course
- Forensics Team a Finalist in Parliamentary Debate at Star Invitational
OWC - The Basics: Information Session for New & Prospective Students, July 17 in DeFuniak Springs
Okaloosa-Walton College will hold an information session, "OWC-The Basics: What You Need to Know to Begin College", for new and prospective students on July 17 at the college's Chautauqua Center in DeFuniak Springs, located at 908 U.S. Highway 90 west. The session will run from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm in building one, room 154. Information about OWC, the college's open door admissions process, financial aid, special in-state fees for Alabama residents, and OWC programs of study will all be available.
Staff will also provide information about the college's new Bachelor of Science degrees in Elementary Education and Middle Grades Math and Science Education. Representatives from OWC's Basic Recruit Academy programs will be on hand to answer questions from those interested in a career as a law enforcement or corrections officer. The college will offer the Correctional Officer Academy in DeFuniak Springs in the Fall term in an evening and weekend class format.
OWC Student Services staff and Academic Advisors will be available to provide prospective students with individual assistance to fill out admissions and residency forms, provide placement testing information, and answer questions. Financial aid staff will be available to answer questions about scholarships, grants, loans and other financial aid concerns. OWC offers among the lowest college tuition in Florida and a comprehensive student financial aid program.
Those interested in starting OWC in the upcoming Fall term are especially encouraged to attend the July 17 session. Okaloosa-Walton College has an open-door policy for admissions and there is no fee to submit admissions forms. The college is now accepting new students for the fall term that begins in August and the Spring term that begins in January.
For more information on Okaloosa-Walton College or directions to the college's Walton County location,please visit www.owc.edu or call Maddie Fricano, Coordinator of Recruitment at (850) 729-6467 or the OWC Chautauqua Center at (850) 892-8100.