- Current News
- News Archives
- Emerald Coast Autism Center finds new home at Northwest Florida State College
- Spring 2017 night welding orientation to be held
- New members of NWF State College Pacesetters selected
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society Welcomes New Members
- NWF State College Chooses Stephenson as New President
- Group Advising Sessions Prepare New Students for Spring
- NWF State College Honors Students Earning Teacher Education Bachelor's Degrees
- NWF Welding Students Gain Industry Experience With Visiting Companies
- NWF State College Event Connects Students to Local Employers
- Northwest Florida State College Radiography Program Will Host Info Session
- NWF State College Foundation Provides Scholarship Opportunities to Students
- Northwest Florida State College seeks noteworthy alumni
- Students named to President’s List and Dean’s List for fall 2016 semester
- Former University of Alabama and Dallas Cowboy Football Champion to visit NWF
- NWF Career Center Job Fair presents employment opportunities
- NWF Collegiate High School Academic Team wins big
- Northwest Florida State College Recognizes Fall 2016 Graduates
- NWF State College Nursing Program Ranked in Florida’s Top 20
- NWF State College Students Named to All-Florida Academic Team
Fall Term Registration at NWF State College
In-person registration for Fall Term at Northwest Florida State College (formerly Okaloosa-Walton College) will be held July 29 through August 20 at all six NWF State College locations. From July 29 to 31, registration hours are 7:30 am to 6:00 pm; from August 4 to 13 hours are Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Tuesdays from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm and Fridays from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm on; from August 14 to August 20 hours Monday to Thursday are 8:00 am to 6:00 pm each day and 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Fridays. Hours apply to the college's Niceville, Fort Walton Beach, Crestview and DeFuniak Springs locations. The college's centers on Eglin AFB and Hurlburt Field operate under hours established at each base.
Late registration at all sited is August 21 to 28. Hundreds of day, evening, weekend and online classes at NWF State College begin August 21 and October 12. Individuals may also enroll and pay fees through the college's Internet site. A complete course listing is available on the college website at www.nwfstatecollege.edu or at the college's www.owc.edu web site address. Note that all OWC web addresses will remain active until summer 2009 as the college transitions to its new name and role as part of Florida's recently established state college system.
Northwest Florida State College has an open door admissions policy and there is no fee to apply for admission to the college. The college offers the lowest tuition in Florida, as well as financial aid, and an installment fee-payment plan. For information, call 729-6922, in Crestview call 689-7911 or 892-8100 in Walton County or see the Northwest Florida State College website.
In addition to college classes, NWF State College offers free courses for adults who do not have a high school diploma, including adult basic education, preparation for the GED high school equivalency test, and English-as-As Second Language. Individuals may enroll in adult education courses at any time throughout the year and enroll at the first class session they attend. For GED and ESOL class information contact 729-5387.
The college also offers non-credit personal enrichment classes through the PRIME Time program. Registration for PRIME Time courses will be held starting September 8. For PRIME Time information call 729-6084.