- NWFSC News 2013
- NWFSC News 2012
- NWFSC News 2011
- NWFSC News 2010
- NWFSC News 2009
- NWFSC News 2008
- NWFSC News 2007
- NWFSC News 2006
- NWFSC News 2005
- NWFSC News 2004
- NWFSC News 2003
- NWFSC News 2002
- NWFSC News 2001
- Spirit of '45 Day Express to Make Stop
- Dental Assisting Graduates Honored
- Paramedic Graduates Honored
- NWF State College to Host Annual College Night
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Graduates Honored
- Parent Information Meetings on Dual Enrollment
- Students Named to President's List and Dean's List for Summer 2014
- Integrated Career and Technical Education Initiative Launched
- Huckabee Event to Benefit College's Music Programs
- NWF State College again recognized as Military Friendly School
- NWF State College Saddened by the Loss of Coach Patrick Harrington
- Celebration of Life set for Coach Patrick Harrington
- Tamela McCorvey Named Acting Head Womenâ€™s Basketball Coach
- Tamela McCorvey Named Acting Head Women's Basketball Coach
- Ribando Compositions Performed in Virginia, New York City
- Free IT Pro Camp Scheduled for Nov. 22
- SGA Reflects Student Involvement at 'All-Time High'
- NWF State College AmeriCorps Program Named Program of the Year
Student Musicians Wanted, Auditions Open for Youth Orchestra
Liz Aylor conducting the NFSYO in concert.
The Fine & Performing Arts Division of Northwest Florida State College (formerly Okaloosa-Walton College) will hold auditions for the Northwest Florida Symphony Youth Orchestra during the month of August. The youth orchestra is a full orchestra of more than 50 talented young musicians ranging in age from 6th to 12th grade. The group is under the direction of Liz Aylor who is also the director of the Symphonic Strings program of Okaloosa County and a former member of the Northwest Florida Symphony Orchestra (NFSO) and the Pensacola Symphony.
Audition times will be assigned after all applications are received by the deadline of August 15th. Auditions for interested advanced String students will be held Sunday, August 17th and 24th. Woodwinds, Brass and Percussionists will audition on August 31. All tryouts take place in the Orchestra room of the Music Wing at the Mattie Kelly Arts Center at on the NWF State College Niceville campus. Weekly rehearsals begin on Sunday, September 7th from 2:30-4:30 pm.
Application forms and complete audition packets are available for download from www.imastringteacher.com. Those selected for the youth orchestra pay membership fees of $75-$125 per semester. Some scholarships are available.
The NFSYO performs annual Fall and Spring concerts at the Mattie Kelly Arts Center and at other local events including performing with the Northwest Florida Symphony Orchestra for fifth grade students of Okaloosa and Walton County schools.
The NFSYO is sponsored by NWF State College, the Northwest Florida Symphony Guild and supported by individual contributions. For more information, call 729-5382 or 651-4308.