- Current News
- News Archives
- Emerald Coast Autism Center finds new home at Northwest Florida State College
- Spring 2017 night welding orientation to be held
- New members of NWF State College Pacesetters selected
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society Welcomes New Members
- NWF State College Chooses Stephenson as New President
- Group Advising Sessions Prepare New Students for Spring
- NWF State College Honors Students Earning Teacher Education Bachelor's Degrees
- NWF Welding Students Gain Industry Experience With Visiting Companies
- NWF State College Event Connects Students to Local Employers
- Northwest Florida State College Radiography Program Will Host Info Session
- NWF State College Foundation Provides Scholarship Opportunities to Students
- Northwest Florida State College seeks noteworthy alumni
Auditions for NWF State College Production of
The Fine and Performing Arts Division of Northwest Florida State College will hold auditions for the Agatha Christie mystery comedy "And Then There Were None" on August 25 in the Sprint Theater at the Mattie Kelly Arts Center on the NWF State College Niceville campus. Audition sign-in is at 6:00 p.m. with auditions starting at 6:30 p.m. Callback auditions, arranged by appointment, will be August 26. Those auditioning should be prepared to present a short monologue of approximately 10 lines along with their best British accent.
The show calls for a cast of eleven individuals; eight male and three female roles. In the show, statuettes of little soldier boys on the mantel of a house on an island off the coast of Devon fall to the floor and break one by one as those in the house succumb to a diabolical avenger. A nursery rhyme tells how each of the ten "soldiers" met his death until there were none. Eight guests who have never met each other or their apparently absent host and hostess are lured to the island and, along with the two house servants, marooned. A mysterious voice accuses each of having gotten away with murder and then one drops dead---poisoned. One down and nine to go! "And Then There Were None" will be presented October 8 to 11 in the NWF State College Sprint Theater.
The characters are as follows: Justice Wargrave, a recently retired Judge, Vera Claythorne, a young woman who used to be the nanny for an upper-class family, Phillip Lombard, a former Army man, Emily Brent, a crotchety old woman, General Macarthur, between 50 and 60 years old, Dr. Armstrong, a popular physician to the London upper class, Tony Marston, a drunken rich boy, Rogers and Mrs. Rogers, caretakers of the Island. William Blore, a former police officer turned private detective, Fred Narracott, a local who provides ferry service to and from the Island.
For more information, call the NWF State College Fine Arts Office at 729-5382.