- NWFSC News 2013
- NWFSC News 2012
- NWFSC News 2011
- NWFSC News 2010
- NWFSC News 2009
- NWFSC News 2008
- NWFSC News 2007
- NWFSC News 2006
- NWFSC News 2005
- NWFSC News 2004
- NWFSC News 2003
- NWFSC News 2002
- NWFSC News 2001
- Spirit of '45 Day Express to Make Stop
- Dental Assisting Graduates Honored
- Paramedic Graduates Honored
- NWF State College to Host Annual College Night
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Graduates Honored
- Parent Information Meetings on Dual Enrollment
- Students Named to President's List and Dean's List for Summer 2014
- Integrated Career and Technical Education Initiative Launched
- Huckabee Event to Benefit College's Music Programs
- NWF State College again recognized as Military Friendly School
- NWF State College Saddened by the Loss of Coach Patrick Harrington
- Celebration of Life set for Coach Patrick Harrington
- Tamela McCorvey Named Acting Head Womenâ€™s Basketball Coach
- Tamela McCorvey Named Acting Head Women's Basketball Coach
- Ribando Compositions Performed in Virginia, New York City
- Free IT Pro Camp Scheduled for Nov. 22
- SGA Reflects Student Involvement at 'All-Time High'
New Exhibitions at Mattie Kelly Arts Center Galleries: Pastel Society of North Florida 10th Biennial National Exhibition On Display September 7 to October 9, 2008
A new art exhibit will be on display September 7 to October 9 at the Mattie Kelly Fine and Performing Arts Center Galleries in Niceville on the campus of Northwest Florida State College. A preview reception and awards ceremony will be held in the NWF State College Holzhauer and McIlroy Galleries on Friday, September 5 from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. Both the preview reception and the exhibits are free and open to the public.
This exhibition in both galleries features a fantastic array of more than 75 pastel works by 40 artists from across the United States. The Pastel Society of North Florida has been in existence for twenty years, each year growing in membership, popularity, and prestige.
The 10th Biennial National Exhibition is a juried event, with a "Best of Show" prize of $1,000. Noted Ukraine artist, Anatoly Dverin, will be the judge of this year's competition. Dverin received an MFA from Kharkov Fine Arts Institute and now resides in Massachusetts. Artists' work will be available to the public for purchase.
Gallery hours for the two exhibits are Monday to Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Sundays from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 pm and 90 minutes prior to most performances in the main stage theater of the Mattie Kelly Arts Center. For information, contact the gallery office at (850) 729-6044.