- NWFSC News 2013
- NWFSC News 2012
- NWFSC News 2011
- NWFSC News 2010
- NWFSC News 2009
- NWFSC News 2008
- NWFSC News 2007
- NWFSC News 2006
- NWFSC News 2005
- NWFSC News 2004
- NWFSC News 2003
- NWFSC News 2002
- NWFSC News 2001
- Spirit of '45 Day Express to Make Stop
- Dental Assisting Graduates Honored
- Paramedic Graduates Honored
- NWF State College to Host Annual College Night
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Graduates Honored
- Parent Information Meetings on Dual Enrollment
- Students Named to President's List and Dean's List for Summer 2014
- Integrated Career and Technical Education Initiative Launched
- Huckabee Event to Benefit College's Music Programs
- NWF State College again recognized as Military Friendly School
- NWF State College Saddened by the Loss of Coach Patrick Harrington
- Celebration of Life set for Coach Patrick Harrington
- Tamela McCorvey Named Acting Head Womenâ€™s Basketball Coach
- Tamela McCorvey Named Acting Head Women's Basketball Coach
- Ribando Compositions Performed in Virginia, New York City
- Free IT Pro Camp Scheduled for Nov. 22
- SGA Reflects Student Involvement at 'All-Time High'
Auditions for OWC Summer Musical 'GYPSY' March 15
The Humanities, Fine & Performing Arts Division of Okaloosa-Walton College will hold open auditions for this summer's musical production of GYPSY. Auditions will be held on Saturday, March 15 on the main stage of the Mattie Kelly Arts Center located on the OWC Niceville Campus. Registration begins at 12:00 noon in the theater lobby. Auditions for adults begins at 12:30 p.m. and children's auditions begin around 3:00 p.m.
Those who audition should come ready to sing and dance. All audition material, including a rehearsal schedule, will be distributed at auditions. GYPSY requires a large cast with several different age groups of both girls and boys. The final casting for children will depend on the "matching" of character types.
GYPSY is the ultimate story about an aggressive stage mother who pushes her two daughters into show business. The show follows Rose, June and Louise on their trip across the United States during the 1920s, when vaudeville was dying and burlesque was born. GYPSY features Jule Styne's music and Stephen Sondheim's lyrics and includes the songs Let Me Entertain You, Some People, You'll Never Get Away from Me, If Momma Was Married, All I need is the Girl, Everything's Coming Up Roses, You Gotta Get A Gimmick and Together Wherever We Go.
GYPSY is scheduled to perform on the main stage of the OWC Mattie Kelly Arts Center on July 9, 10, 11 and 12, 2008.