- Current News
- News Archives
- Emerald Coast Autism Center finds new home at Northwest Florida State College
- Spring 2017 night welding orientation to be held
- New members of NWF State College Pacesetters selected
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society Welcomes New Members
- NWF State College Chooses Stephenson as New President
- Group Advising Sessions Prepare New Students for Spring
- NWF State College Honors Students Earning Teacher Education Bachelor's Degrees
- NWF Welding Students Gain Industry Experience With Visiting Companies
- NWF State College Event Connects Students to Local Employers
- Northwest Florida State College Radiography Program Will Host Info Session
- NWF State College Foundation Provides Scholarship Opportunities to Students
Auditions for OWC Summer Musical 'GYPSY' March 15
The Humanities, Fine & Performing Arts Division of Okaloosa-Walton College will hold open auditions for this summer's musical production of GYPSY. Auditions will be held on Saturday, March 15 on the main stage of the Mattie Kelly Arts Center located on the OWC Niceville Campus. Registration begins at 12:00 noon in the theater lobby. Auditions for adults begins at 12:30 p.m. and children's auditions begin around 3:00 p.m.
Those who audition should come ready to sing and dance. All audition material, including a rehearsal schedule, will be distributed at auditions. GYPSY requires a large cast with several different age groups of both girls and boys. The final casting for children will depend on the "matching" of character types.
GYPSY is the ultimate story about an aggressive stage mother who pushes her two daughters into show business. The show follows Rose, June and Louise on their trip across the United States during the 1920s, when vaudeville was dying and burlesque was born. GYPSY features Jule Styne's music and Stephen Sondheim's lyrics and includes the songs Let Me Entertain You, Some People, You'll Never Get Away from Me, If Momma Was Married, All I need is the Girl, Everything's Coming Up Roses, You Gotta Get A Gimmick and Together Wherever We Go.
GYPSY is scheduled to perform on the main stage of the OWC Mattie Kelly Arts Center on July 9, 10, 11 and 12, 2008.