- NWFSC News 2013
- NWFSC News 2012
- NWFSC News 2011
- NWFSC News 2010
- NWFSC News 2009
- NWFSC News 2008
- NWFSC News 2007
- NWFSC News 2006
- NWFSC News 2005
- NWFSC News 2004
- NWFSC News 2003
- NWFSC News 2002
- NWFSC News 2001
- Spirit of '45 Day Express to Make Stop
- Dental Assisting Graduates Honored
- Paramedic Graduates Honored
- NWF State College to Host Annual College Night
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Graduates Honored
- Parent Information Meetings on Dual Enrollment
- Students Named to President's List and Dean's List for Summer 2014
- Integrated Career and Technical Education Initiative Launched
- Huckabee Event to Benefit College's Music Programs
- NWF State College again recognized as Military Friendly School
- NWF State College Saddened by the Loss of Coach Patrick Harrington
- Celebration of Life set for Coach Patrick Harrington
- Tamela McCorvey Named Acting Head Womenâ€™s Basketball Coach
- Tamela McCorvey Named Acting Head Women's Basketball Coach
- Ribando Compositions Performed in Virginia, New York City
- Free IT Pro Camp Scheduled for Nov. 22
- SGA Reflects Student Involvement at 'All-Time High'
- NWF State College AmeriCorps Program Named Program of the Year
New Exhibitions at Mattie Kelly Arts Center Galleries: Florida Fellowship Art Exhibit On Display October 26 to December 4, 2008
A new art exhibit will be on display October 26 to December 4 at the Mattie Kelly Fine and Performing Arts Center Galleries in Niceville on the campus of Northwest Florida State College. A opening reception will be held in the NWF State College Holzhauer and McIlroy Galleries on Friday, October 24 from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. Both the reception and the exhibits are free and open to the public.
The Florida Art Museum Directors Association and the Florida Department of State, Division of Cultural Affairs have partnered to present a traveling exhibition of artwork from the recipients of the state's Individual Artist Fellowship Program. This exhibition features the artwork of the 25 recipients of the 2006 award.
The artists included in this exhibition represent some of the state's most outstanding artistic talent. There is a wide variety of mediums represented from ceramic to metal to photography in an even wider array of themes. The artists who were chosen for this award were reviewed under a highly competitive process by a panel of their peers and were chosen for their remarkable talent and extensive career achievements.
The Individual Artist Fellowship Program awards Florida's individual artists with monetary fellowship awards in recognition of their outstanding work and superb talent. The program has been promoting artistic excellence and supporting Florida artists and their work since 1976, and distributes approximately $125,000 in fellowship awards to Florida artists each year.
The Florida Art Museum Directors Association is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization created to promote the development of a scholarly and creative role for Florida visual arts museums and their directors in the cultural life of the State of Florida and to apply its members' knowledge and experience in the field of art to the promotion of the public good.
Gallery hours for the two exhibits are Monday to Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Sundays from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 pm and 90 minutes prior to most performances in the main stage theater of the Mattie Kelly Arts Center. For information, contact the gallery office at (850) 729-6044.