- Current News
- News Archives
- Emerald Coast Autism Center finds new home at Northwest Florida State College
- Spring 2017 night welding orientation to be held
- New members of NWF State College Pacesetters selected
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society Welcomes New Members
- NWF State College Chooses Stephenson as New President
- Group Advising Sessions Prepare New Students for Spring
- NWF State College Honors Students Earning Teacher Education Bachelor's Degrees
- NWF Welding Students Gain Industry Experience With Visiting Companies
- NWF State College Event Connects Students to Local Employers
- Northwest Florida State College Radiography Program Will Host Info Session
- NWF State College Foundation Provides Scholarship Opportunities to Students
- Northwest Florida State College seeks noteworthy alumni
Collegiate High School - National Merit and National Achievement Semifinalists and Commended Scholars Named in 2009 National Achievement Scholarship Program
Left to Right: Nationally recognized Collegiate
High School students Tawanah Reeves,
Brianna Bikker, Eddie Chappell, Nicole
Fisher, Ethan Urbanzyk, Matthew Taylor.
Megan McGinnity and Christina Walker.
The Collegiate High School at Northwest Florida State College announces that six (6) of the charter school's class of 85 seniors are either National Merit Semifinalists or National Achievement Semifinalists. Three (3) students have been named as National Merit Commended Scholars.
Nationwide, officials of National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC) announced the names of approximately 16,000 Semifinalists in the 54th annual National Merit Scholarship Program. These academically talented high school seniors have an opportunity to continue in the competition for some 8,200 National Merit Scholarships, worth more than $35 million, that will be offered next spring. The nationwide pool of Semifinalists, which represents less than one percent of U.S. high school seniors, includes the highest scoring entrants in each state. The number of Semifinalists in a state is proportional to the state's percentage of the national total of graduating seniors.
National Merit Semifinals at the Collegiate High School include:
Brianna Bikker- Niceville
Ethan Urbanczyk - Niceville
Nicole Fisher- Santa Rosa Beach
Matthew Taylor - Mary Esther
The names of more than 1,600 Black American high school seniors who have been designated Semifinalists in the 45th annual Achievement Scholarship competition were also announced by the National Achievement Scholarship Program, a program conducted by the National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC). The National Achievement Program was initiated in 1964 to recognize academically promising black students throughout the nation. These scholastically talented students now have an opportunity to continue in the competition for approximately 800 scholarships worth over $2.6 million to be awarded next spring.
National Achievement Semifinals at the Collegiate High School include:
Eddie Chappell - Crestview
Tawanah Reeves - Crestview
Also named were National Merit Commended Scholars, students recognized for exceptional academic promise demonstrated by their outstanding performance on the qualifying test for the National Merit Scholarship.
National Merit Commended Scholars at the Collegiate High School include:
Megan McGinnity - Niceville
Tawanah Reeves - Crestview
Christian Walker - Niceville
Unique in the region, the Collegiate High School at NWF State College allows motivated students the opportunity to pursue a high school diploma and a two-year college Associate degree at the same time through full time study at the college. The school holds its annual application for admission period in February of each year. For more information, see www.nwfcollegiatehigh.org or phone 729-4949.