Testing RequestsStudents who have provided appropriate documentation of a disability to the Disability Support Services (DSS) Office may request testing accommodations through the DSS office. Space is limited, so students should plan well ahead when they would like to test in DSS spaces. Requests can be made by using the "Proctor Request: Student" form found on the DSS Forms Webpage.
How to Request Testing Accommodations:
- After your accommodations have been established through DSS, you will want to discuss a plan with your faculty members about when and where you will take your tests. You should also determine with your faculty as to whether you want to handle quizzes in the same manner as tests.
- As soon as you know your exam dates, complete the "Proctor Request: Student" form.
DSS asks that you give three (3) days notice for tests, and a five (5) days notice for midterm and final exams.
- Check your NWF email for feedback from DSS on space availability.
- DSS will contact your faculty member and request the exam.
- Come to DSS in building 410, room 119, at the day and time scheduled. Arrive a few minutes before your scheduled time with ALL materials that your professor allows you to use during the exam. (DSS does not have extra calculators or other such items for exams.)
- ALWAYS contact your faculty member and DSS immediately if you cannot come to a scheduled exam. Only your faculty member can give permission to take the test later if you miss your appointment.
Faculty Information for Exams with DSS:When a student or DSS contacts you regarding planning an exam in DSS testing space, you have choices as to how you may provide DSS the exam and testing information (such as time allotted, materials allowed, and return of the exam to you). The choices include:
- Complete the "Proctor Request: Faculty" form found on the DSS Forms link below. Please E-Mail the form and your exam to DSS OR drop them off to the DSS Coordinator in building 410, room 119.
- Walk your exam and information to the DSS office in building 410, room 119
- Upload your exam and information to Register Blast using the Test Center link that