- Current News
- News Archives
- Emerald Coast Autism Center finds new home at Northwest Florida State College
- Spring 2017 night welding orientation to be held
- New members of NWF State College Pacesetters selected
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society Welcomes New Members
- NWF State College Chooses Stephenson as New President
- Group Advising Sessions Prepare New Students for Spring
- NWF State College Honors Students Earning Teacher Education Bachelor's Degrees
- NWF Welding Students Gain Industry Experience With Visiting Companies
- NWF State College Event Connects Students to Local Employers
- Northwest Florida State College Radiography Program Will Host Info Session
- NWF State College Foundation Provides Scholarship Opportunities to Students
- Northwest Florida State College seeks noteworthy alumni
- Students named to President’s List and Dean’s List for fall 2016 semester
- Former University of Alabama and Dallas Cowboy Football Champion to visit NWF
- NWF Career Center Job Fair presents employment opportunities
- NWF Collegiate High School Academic Team wins big
- Northwest Florida State College Recognizes Fall 2016 Graduates
- NWF State College Nursing Program Ranked in Florida’s Top 20
- NWF State College Students Named to All-Florida Academic Team
Associate in Nursing program earns national accreditation from ACEN
The Associate in Nursing program at Northwest Florida State College has been awarded national accreditation by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
An evaluation team from ACEN visited the college in late January and recommended the program for national accreditation for five years. The ACEN Board of Commissioners met in July and made the final decision to award the accreditation through spring 2020.
NWF State College was notified of the ACEN board’s decision in a letter dated July 29, 2015. “Congratulations on this outstanding achievement!” ACEN Chief Executive Officer Marsal P. Stoll wrote. “We look forward to continued successes for your nursing program.”
“ACEN accreditation is a great accomplishment for our associate degree nursing program and Northwest Florida State College,” said Director of Nursing Dr. Marty Walker. “ACEN accreditation indicates that NWF State College’s associate degree nursing program meets national standards and guidelines for nursing education. The nursing faculty at NWF State College is an excellent example of dedicated and caring nurse educators. The program could not have been as successful without the entire NWF State College team and the community partners who work diligently to aid in the delivery of our quality nursing programs. We are and will continue to be committed to the delivery of quality nursing education.”
The college’s nursing education programs have maintained continuous accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools since their inception. In addition, the RN to BSN program has been accredited since 2009 by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education and went through the reaccreditation process in 2013-14 and was awarded an additional 10 years for continued accreditation until 2024. The RN to BSN degree is available completely online with guided clinical experiences that can be completed in the student’s place of employment.
For information about NWF State College’s nursing programs, call 850-729-6400.