- Current News
- News Archives
- Emerald Coast Autism Center finds new home at Northwest Florida State College
- Spring 2017 night welding orientation to be held
- New members of NWF State College Pacesetters selected
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society Welcomes New Members
- NWF State College Chooses Stephenson as New President
- Group Advising Sessions Prepare New Students for Spring
- NWF State College Honors Students Earning Teacher Education Bachelor's Degrees
- NWF Welding Students Gain Industry Experience With Visiting Companies
- NWF State College Event Connects Students to Local Employers
- Northwest Florida State College Radiography Program Will Host Info Session
- NWF State College Foundation Provides Scholarship Opportunities to Students
- Northwest Florida State College seeks noteworthy alumni
The Fikes Companies fuel student success with $25,000 endowed scholarship
When Clarence Edison Fikes founded Fikes Wholesale Inc. in 1952, he did so with a commitment to give back to his community. C.E. Fikes was deeply impacted by the support and inspiration that he received as a young man in his tight-knit Texas community, and it is with this premise in mind that the Fikes Companies continue to value corporate citizenship.
Carrying on that tradition, CEFCO Convenience Stores, one of the Fikes Companies, donated $25,000 to the Northwest Florida State College Foundation on May 21 to establish a C.E. Fikes Endowed Scholarship, one of nine individual C.E. Fikes Endowed Scholarships supported by the Fikes Companies in the communities that Fikes/CEFCO serve. CEFCO has opened a new convenience store at 1600 John Sims Parkway E. in Niceville and will next open a store in Crestview on State Road 85 north of U.S. Highway 90. The Fikes donation to Northwest Florida State College will be used to provide scholarship support for full-time students, with first preference given to a student employed by the Fikes Companies or their affiliates.
Fikes Wholesale Inc. was founded as a single Texaco service station in C.E. Fikes' hometown of Cameron, Texas, where he would also later turn his attention to the wholesale fuel business. In 1979, retail fuel and grocery became the focus when he opened the first CEFCO Convenience Store. Today, CEFCO is the 30th largest convenience store chain in the United States. The Fikes Companies consist of Fikes Wholesale, CEFCO Convenience Stores, Cord Financial Services, Group Petroleum Services and J.F. Air Traffic.
L-R: Vice President of College Advancement Cristie Kedroski; College Foundation President Dewayne Youngblood; CEFCO Vice President of Operations Jack Whitney; CEFCO Chief Retail Officer Brett Giesick; CEFCO Vice President of Marketing Mike Skidmore; Associate Director for College Advancement Carlie Reinlie; and College President Ty Handy.