- Current News
- News Archives
- Emerald Coast Autism Center finds new home at Northwest Florida State College
- Spring 2017 night welding orientation to be held
- New members of NWF State College Pacesetters selected
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society Welcomes New Members
- NWF State College Chooses Stephenson as New President
- Group Advising Sessions Prepare New Students for Spring
- NWF State College Honors Students Earning Teacher Education Bachelor's Degrees
- NWF Welding Students Gain Industry Experience With Visiting Companies
- NWF State College Event Connects Students to Local Employers
- Northwest Florida State College Radiography Program Will Host Info Session
Northwest Florida State College honors fall 2015 law enforcement graduates
On Oct. 8, Northwest Florida State College recognized 14 students who successfully completed the Criminal Justice Training Center’s vocational certificate program for Law Enforcement Basic Training during the fall 2015 academic semester.
Certificates of completion were presented to the graduates by Director William Looper along with Training Center Coordinators Jeffrey McGill and Steven Hough.
CJTC graduates are now eligible to take the State Officer Certification Exam (SOCE). After passing the Florida exam, graduates can become employed as sworn police officers in the state of Florida.
The Law Enforcement Academy at NWF State College is an intense, 800-hour program that provides students with instruction in a comprehensive curriculum mandated by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. The Criminal Justice Training Center offers day and evening academies beginning in the fall and spring semesters. For information, contact the Criminal Justice Department at 729-5378 or see the program’s website.
The fall 2015 graduates are James C. Barnett (Fort Walton Beach), Seanna M. Best (DeFuniak Springs), Jubilee H. Cobb (Pace), Felicity A. Domenech (Freeport), J.K. Foerster (Santa Rosa Beach), Kelly J. Hardy (Fort Walton Beach), Daniel A. Kohen (Pace), Shawn W. Lewis (Crestview), Kelly G. Maher (Niceville), Justin J. Minisall (Navarre), Francisco Sanchez (Crestview), Stephen K. Usry (Navarre), Michael Thomas Watts (Santa Rosa Beach), and Ly A. Weiher (Mary Esther).
First row (L-R): Training Center Coordinator Jeffrey McGill, Francisco Sanchez, James Barnett, Shawn Lewis, Ly Weiher, Daniel Kohen, Kelly Hardy, Jubilee Cobb, Director William Looper, Training Center Coordinator Steven Hough. Second row (L-R): Stephen Usry, Michael Watts, Kelly Maher, Justin Minisall, J.K. Foerster, Seanna Best, Felicity Domenech.