- Current News
- News Archives
- Emerald Coast Autism Center finds new home at Northwest Florida State College
- Spring 2017 night welding orientation to be held
- New members of NWF State College Pacesetters selected
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society Welcomes New Members
- NWF State College Chooses Stephenson as New President
- Group Advising Sessions Prepare New Students for Spring
- NWF State College Honors Students Earning Teacher Education Bachelor's Degrees
- NWF Welding Students Gain Industry Experience With Visiting Companies
- NWF State College Event Connects Students to Local Employers
- Northwest Florida State College Radiography Program Will Host Info Session
- NWF State College Foundation Provides Scholarship Opportunities to Students
- Northwest Florida State College seeks noteworthy alumni
Dental Assisting Graduates Honored
On Aug. 8, Northwest Florida State College recognized students who successfully completed the college's vocational certificate program for Dental Assisting during the Summer 2014 academic semester.
The national anthem was sung by Dental Assisting graduate Ashley Beck, and the invocation was delivered by Dental Assisting Program Adjunct Professor Rebecca Luna. Dental Assisting graduate Rebecca Gestring was given the Outstanding Dental Assisting Student Award.
Dental Assisting Program Director Julie Nelson congratulated the students on their accomplishments and encouraged them to continue their education as they go out to serve their communities as vital members of the dental profession. Also present at the ceremony was Dean of Career and Technical Education Dennis Sherwood.
Nelson noted that the NWF State College graduates are now eligible to take the Dental Assisting Board Exam. Once they pass the Florida exam, graduates can work for a variety of dental offices including general dentistry, oral surgery, orthodontic, endodontic, pedodontic and periodontic.
The Dental Assisting program is a competitive admission, three-semester program that provides students extensive clinical experiences. The program accepts a limited number of applicants each semester.
For information contact the Dental Assisting program at 850-729-6444 or see the program's website.
Summer 2014 Graduates:
BAKER: Kathleen Williams
CRESTVIEW: Ashley Beck, Noelle Carvey, Lindsey Houghton, Elizabeth McClamma, Bethany O'Connor, Kenesshia Scott
DeFUNIAK SPRINGS: Leah Infinger
FORT WALTON BEACH: Keia Cowart, Tabitha Jenkins
MIRAMAR BEACH: Jennifer Delman
NICEVILLE: Catherine Farry, Nicole Gibbs, Katherine Whalen
VALPARAISO: Rebecca Gestring, Mary Nall
WESTVILLE: Gypsy Halloran