- Current News
- News Archives
- Emerald Coast Autism Center finds new home at Northwest Florida State College
- Spring 2017 night welding orientation to be held
- New members of NWF State College Pacesetters selected
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society Welcomes New Members
- NWF State College Chooses Stephenson as New President
- Group Advising Sessions Prepare New Students for Spring
Mattie M. Kelly Environmental Institute to host Environmental Symposium
The Mattie M. Kelly Environmental Institute hosts the eighth annual Environmental Symposium on Friday, Oct. 9, from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. The event will take place in the Robert E. Greene Jr. Science Building (Building 350), Room 110, on the Niceville Campus of Northwest Florida State College, 100 College Blvd. E.
The symposium will feature engaging presentations and discussions of local natural resources and the environment. Speakers will share innovative research, education and outreach initiatives related to the Choctawhatchee Watershed and beyond. Oral and poster presentations will cover topics from dolphin and feral hog research to communicating research through documentaries to creating sustainable environmental practices through community impact and education.
Those who wish to attend should complete the registration form and email it by Oct. 4 to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is a registration fee of $25, or $15 for students, which includes breakfast and lunch.
For more information on the Environmental Symposium or the Mattie M. Kelly Environmental Institute, contact Dana Stephens at 850-729-6469 or email@example.com.