- Current News
- News Archives
- Emerald Coast Autism Center finds new home at Northwest Florida State College
- Spring 2017 night welding orientation to be held
- New members of NWF State College Pacesetters selected
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society Welcomes New Members
- NWF State College Chooses Stephenson as New President
- Group Advising Sessions Prepare New Students for Spring
- NWF State College Honors Students Earning Teacher Education Bachelor's Degrees
- NWF Welding Students Gain Industry Experience With Visiting Companies
- NWF State College Event Connects Students to Local Employers
- Northwest Florida State College Radiography Program Will Host Info Session
- NWF State College Foundation Provides Scholarship Opportunities to Students
- Northwest Florida State College seeks noteworthy alumni
- Students named to President’s List and Dean’s List for fall 2016 semester
- Former University of Alabama and Dallas Cowboy Football Champion to visit NWF
- NWF Career Center Job Fair presents employment opportunities
- NWF Collegiate High School Academic Team wins big
- Northwest Florida State College Recognizes Fall 2016 Graduates
- NWF State College Nursing Program Ranked in Florida’s Top 20
- NWF State College Students Named to All-Florida Academic Team
Free IT Pro Camp Scheduled for Nov. 22
A free IT Pro Camp will be held Saturday, Nov. 22, from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Northwest Florida State College Niceville campus in the Student Services Center. The event is geared toward professional development for those working in the IT field and is also open to high school and college students and members of the general public who have an interest in computer science. Advance registration is requested, as space is limited.
A variety of topics will be included, such as: BYOD, Windows Server 2012 & Hyper-V, VMWare, PowerShell, Windows Desktop OS Evolution from 8.1, Windows Azure and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service), Windows Azure Cloud Security, Windows Intune Deployment, Office 365, Server Core Infrastructure and more. The focus on IT Pro-related technologies will benefit system administrators, IT professionals and database professionals, in addition to managers at all levels who work with Microsoft technologies and students in IT or computer-related fields.
The IT Pro Camp -- which is co-sponsored by the college in partnership with Microsoft, Sherlock Tech, the Florida IT Server Group, Bit-Wizards, TIG, O'Reilly, and TrainSignal -- will feature national as well as local expert presenters. Advance registration for this free event is available for speakers and sponsors at www.itprocamp.com/northwestfl2014 and guests via EventBright at northwestflitprocamp2014.eventbrite.com. Space is limited, and at-the-door registration the day of the event will only be accepted on a space-available basis. The event includes door prizes from Microsoft and other vendors as well as refreshments.
One of the primary presenters at the Northwest Florida IT Pro Camp will be Blain Barton of Microsoft. Barton has been with Microsoft for 26 years and has held many diverse positions, currently serving as a Senior IT Pro Evangelist. Barton has presented more than 1,000 live events and has received several "top-presenter" speaking awards.
For more information about the Northwest Florida IT Pro Camp, contact John Humphrey at 850-729-6099 or firstname.lastname@example.org.