- Current News
- News Archives
- Emerald Coast Autism Center finds new home at Northwest Florida State College
- Spring 2017 night welding orientation to be held
- New members of NWF State College Pacesetters selected
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society Welcomes New Members
- NWF State College Chooses Stephenson as New President
- Group Advising Sessions Prepare New Students for Spring
- NWF State College Honors Students Earning Teacher Education Bachelor's Degrees
- NWF Welding Students Gain Industry Experience With Visiting Companies
- NWF State College Event Connects Students to Local Employers
- Northwest Florida State College Radiography Program Will Host Info Session
- NWF State College Foundation Provides Scholarship Opportunities to Students
Nursing Program Recognized by Military Order of the Purple Heart
The local chapter of the Military Order of the Purple Heart presented the Northwest
Florida State College Nursing Program with a Prestigious Legion of Excellence Award,
a competitive statewide award whereby each chapter can submit a nomination for an organization or entity it feels is deserving of this recognition. The group
also honored nursing professors Dr. Beth Norton and Dr. Teresa Ryan for their leadership
and their service to the veterans community.
According to Sam Houston, Chapter Commander of the Military Order of the Purple Heart, "We as an organization met on the selection process for these awards several months ago and it was determined that the program and its staff go well beyond to provide veterans and active military their support and assistance. Over the course of at least three years, we have been working with Dr. Norton and Dr. Ryan to better prepare and educate the nursing corps to serve this part of our community. Northwest Florida State College is a leader in higher education that responds to and welcomes its veteran/active-duty military community, and for that we are so grateful."
The awards were presented on Dec. 15 during a ceremony recognizing students who successfully completed the college's program for Associate Degree in Nursing during the Fall 2014 semester.
Shown in photo (L-R): Sam Houston, Chapter Commander of the Military Order of the Purple Heart; Dr. Teresa Ryan; Dennis Sherwood, Dean of Career and Technical Education; Dr. Liz Robison, nursing professor; Bill Everett of the Military Order of the Purple Heart; Dr. Beth Norton; and Dr. Sasha Jarrell, Vice President for Academic Affairs.