- Current News
- News Archives
- Emerald Coast Autism Center finds new home at Northwest Florida State College
- Spring 2017 night welding orientation to be held
- New members of NWF State College Pacesetters selected
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society Welcomes New Members
- NWF State College Chooses Stephenson as New President
- Group Advising Sessions Prepare New Students for Spring
- NWF State College Honors Students Earning Teacher Education Bachelor's Degrees
- NWF Welding Students Gain Industry Experience With Visiting Companies
- NWF State College Event Connects Students to Local Employers
- Northwest Florida State College Radiography Program Will Host Info Session
- NWF State College Foundation Provides Scholarship Opportunities to Students
- Northwest Florida State College seeks noteworthy alumni
Schola Cantorum & Chorale Auditions July 30, Aug. 6 & Aug. 19
Auditions for adult vocalists for the Northwest Florida State College Schola Cantorum ensemble will be held on Wednesdays, July 30 and August 6 from 5:00 to 7:00 pm in room 312 of the Music Wing of the Mattie Kelly Arts Center on the college's Niceville campus.
Individual audition times may also be arranged. The group performs an eclectic blend of music from all periods of composition from early to modern and will present a series of seasonal concerts in December at community venues. Singers who audition are expected to be able to read music and have previous choral experience.
Those who need to audition at another time may contact the Director, John Leatherwood, at (850) 830-2062 to arrange a time. Leatherwood is an adjunct music faculty member at the college and the retired (emeritus) conductor of the Northwest Florida Symphony Orchestra.
Northwest Florida Symphony Chorale Auditions Aug. 19
The Northwest Florida Symphony Chorale will hold open auditions for vocalists on Tuesday, August 19 beginning at 6:00 p.m. in Tyler Recital Hall in the music wing of the Mattie Kelly Arts Center on the Niceville campus of Northwest Florida State College. The Chorale, under the direction of music professor Lois Henry (van Dam), is a select choral group which performs with the Northwest Florida Symphony Orchestra as well as in independent concerts. The group will perform in November featuring Part I of Handle’s Messiah along with a work to be announced and will also perform in the mainstage theater of the Mattie Kelly Arts Center with the Northwest Florida Symphony Orchestra in December for a Holiday Pops concert. To arrange an audition time and receive audition music, email Chorale director Lois Henry at henryL1@nwfsc.edu or call (850) 729-6009.