- Current News
- News Archives
- Emerald Coast Autism Center finds new home at Northwest Florida State College
- Spring 2017 night welding orientation to be held
- New members of NWF State College Pacesetters selected
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society Welcomes New Members
- NWF State College Chooses Stephenson as New President
- Group Advising Sessions Prepare New Students for Spring
- NWF State College Honors Students Earning Teacher Education Bachelor's Degrees
- NWF Welding Students Gain Industry Experience With Visiting Companies
- NWF State College Event Connects Students to Local Employers
- Northwest Florida State College Radiography Program Will Host Info Session
- NWF State College Foundation Provides Scholarship Opportunities to Students
- Northwest Florida State College seeks noteworthy alumni
- Students named to President’s List and Dean’s List for fall 2016 semester
- Former University of Alabama and Dallas Cowboy Football Champion to visit NWF
- NWF Career Center Job Fair presents employment opportunities
- NWF Collegiate High School Academic Team wins big
- Northwest Florida State College Recognizes Fall 2016 Graduates
- NWF State College Nursing Program Ranked in Florida’s Top 20
- NWF State College Students Named to All-Florida Academic Team
Four NWF State College students advance to national SkillsUSA Championships
May 4, 2016
Seven Northwest Florida State College students enrolled in career and technical education programs won medals in the SkillsUSA statewide competition in Lakeland, and four of them are headed to the national SkillsUSA Championships after earning gold.
The four students who won gold medals qualifying them to advance to nationals are Tawanda Brown (Crestview), competing in the category of Early Childhood Education, and the Radiography team of Tiffany Carter-Nubern (Crestview), Cassie Davis (Crestview), and Brittany McLean (Shalimar), competing in the category of Career Pathways Showcase: Health Services.
In addition to the four gold medalists, NWF State College's Early Childhood Education students made it a clean sweep at state in that category as Heather Bryson (Baker) won silver and Anna Radney (DeFuniak Springs) won bronze. Thomas Myers (Crestview) took bronze in Technical Drafting.
The national SkillsUSA Championships, a showcase for the best career and technical education students in the nation, will be held June 20-24 in Louisville, Ky. More than 6,000 students – all state contest winners – will compete hands-on in 100 different trade, technical and leadership fields. Students work against the clock and each other, proving their expertise in their areas of study. Contests are run with the help of industry, trade associations and labor organizations, and test competencies are set by industry.
Northwest Florida State College’s SkillsUSA state medal winners (L-R): Heather Bryson, Tiffany Carter-Nubern, Tawanda Brown, Cassie Davis, Anna Radney, and Brittany McLean. Not pictured: Thomas Myers.