- Current News
- News Archives
- Emerald Coast Autism Center finds new home at Northwest Florida State College
- Spring 2017 night welding orientation to be held
- New members of NWF State College Pacesetters selected
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society Welcomes New Members
- NWF State College Chooses Stephenson as New President
- Group Advising Sessions Prepare New Students for Spring
Dental Assisting student earns medal in national SkillsUSA competition
Northwest Florida State College student Caitlin Slater was awarded the bronze medal in Dental Assisting at the annual National Leadership and Skills Conference and SkillsUSA Championships. The competition was held at the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville on June 24. Slater, of Crestview, had previously won gold at Florida's state-level SkillsUSA competition in Lakeland, qualifying her for nationals.
The National SkillsUSA Championships showcase the best career and technical education students in the nation. More than 6,000 students from every state and two territories - including six from NWF State College - competed in 100 contests in technical, skilled, service and health occupations. All contents are run and judged by industry using industry standards for employment; more than 1,000 industry judges participated this year.
Caitlin Slater, second from left, celebrates with other medal winners at the National SkillsUSA Championships.