- NWFSC News 2013
- NWFSC News 2012
- NWFSC News 2011
- NWFSC News 2010
- NWFSC News 2009
- NWFSC News 2008
- NWFSC News 2007
- NWFSC News 2006
- NWFSC News 2005
- NWFSC News 2004
- NWFSC News 2003
- NWFSC News 2002
- NWFSC News 2001
- Spirit of '45 Day Express to Make Stop
- Dental Assisting Graduates Honored
- Paramedic Graduates Honored
- NWF State College to Host Annual College Night
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Graduates Honored
- Parent Information Meetings on Dual Enrollment
- Students Named to President's List and Dean's List for Summer 2014
- Integrated Career and Technical Education Initiative Launched
- Huckabee Event to Benefit College's Music Programs
- NWF State College again recognized as Military Friendly School
- NWF State College Saddened by the Loss of Coach Patrick Harrington
- Celebration of Life set for Coach Patrick Harrington
- Tamela McCorvey Named Acting Head Womenâ€™s Basketball Coach
- Tamela McCorvey Named Acting Head Women's Basketball Coach
- Ribando Compositions Performed in Virginia, New York City
- Free IT Pro Camp Scheduled for Nov. 22
- SGA Reflects Student Involvement at 'All-Time High'
- NWF State College AmeriCorps Program Named Program of the Year
- Rick Flores Classic returns to The Arena
- NWF State College hosts IACP Leading by Legacy training course
- Forensics Team a Finalist in Parliamentary Debate at Star Invitational
Shrek The Musical - National Broadway Tour November 19
NICEVILLE, FL— It's big, it's green and it's taking "ogre" Niceville! Part romance, part twisted fairy tale, and all irreverent fun for everyone, Shrek The Musical appears Monday, November 19 at 7:30 p.m. at the Mattie Kelly Arts Center at Northwest Florida State College in Niceville. The national touring Broadway show brings all of the favorite characters from the Oscar-winning DreamWorks animated film to the stage in a family-friendly production.
Tickets are on sale now for $45 each. There is a group discount of $5 off per ticket for groups of 10 or more tickets purchased together. Tickets are available from the Box Office by phone, online or in-person; contact 850-729-6000 or visit www.mattiekellyartscenter.org. The Box Office is open 10:00 am to 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday and from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m. the night of the show. Group discounts are only available by phone or in-person.
Noted by critics as "good-hearted and warped just enough," this delightful comedy tells the tale of Shrek, a swamp-dwelling ogre, who goes on a life changing adventure to reclaim the deed to his swamp. Along the way, the unlikely hero is joined by a wise-cracking donkey who soon becomes his best friend. He also fights a fearsome dragon, rescues the feisty princess Fiona and learns that real friendship and true love aren't only found in fairy tales.
Hilariously funny and renowned for its unconventional quirkiness, this entirely new musical opened on Broadway December, 2009. Critics across the nation have raved about the show as it has made its national tour. "Everything explodes of the stage in an excited Technicolor volcano of fun," wrote Chris Silk of the Naples (FL) Daily. The popular site Broadwayworld.com noted the show, "Captivated the audience from start to finish."
Shrek The Musical features a book and lyrics by Pulitzer Prize® winner David Lindsay-Abaire (Rabbit Hole, Good People), music by Olivier Award-winner Jeanine Tesori (Thoroughly Modern Millie, Caroline, or Change). Shrek The Musical is directed by Stephen Sposito who recently served as Associated Director of the current Broadway revival How To Succeed In Business starring Daniel Radcliff. Sets and costumes are based on the Tony Award® winner designs by Tim Hatley (Private Lives, Spamalot) and Chris Bailey will recreate the original choreography by Josh Prince (The Bridge Project, The Jerry Springer Opera).
The show is based on the story and characters from William Steig's book Shrek!, as well as the DreamWorks Animation film Shrek, and the first chapter of the Shrek movie series.
In the touring production, the role of everyone's favorite swamp-dwelling ogre, Shrek will be played by Perry Sook. Whitney Winfield will play the feisty Princess Fiona. Jeremy Gaston is Shrek's lovably annoying best friend Donkey and Christian Marriner plays the vertically challenged villain Lord Farquaad.
"We are thrilled to send Shrek The Musical to theatres across the country," said Bill Damaschke, President of DreamWorks Theatricals, "and for American families to experience their favorite ogre and fairy tale creatures live on stage."
Shrek The Musical was initiated when Sam Mendes, a big fan of the first Shrek film, suggested the idea of creating a musical to DreamWorks Animation's Jeffrey Katzenberg around the time the second film was in production. The musical is produced by NETworks Presentations, LLC. The chart-topping original Broadway cast album for Shrek The Musical is available on Decca Broadway.
The Mattie Kelly Arts Center is a $25 million performing arts venue located on the Niceville campus of Northwest Florida State College at 100 College Boulevard. The center is easily accessible via Interstate 10, U.S. Highway 285 and Highway 85 and the Mid-Bay Bridge, about 20 minutes from Destin and Fort Walton Beach and 15 minutes from Interstate 10. For more information or to view video from the show, visit www.mattiekellyartscenter.org.