- Current News
- News Archives
- Emerald Coast Autism Center finds new home at Northwest Florida State College
- Spring 2017 night welding orientation to be held
- New members of NWF State College Pacesetters selected
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society Welcomes New Members
- NWF State College Chooses Stephenson as New President
- Group Advising Sessions Prepare New Students for Spring
- NWF State College Honors Students Earning Teacher Education Bachelor's Degrees
- NWF Welding Students Gain Industry Experience With Visiting Companies
- NWF State College Event Connects Students to Local Employers
- Northwest Florida State College Radiography Program Will Host Info Session
- NWF State College Foundation Provides Scholarship Opportunities to Students
- Northwest Florida State College seeks noteworthy alumni
- Students named to President’s List and Dean’s List for fall 2016 semester
- Former University of Alabama and Dallas Cowboy Football Champion to visit NWF
- NWF Career Center Job Fair presents employment opportunities
- NWF Collegiate High School Academic Team wins big
- Northwest Florida State College Recognizes Fall 2016 Graduates
- NWF State College Nursing Program Ranked in Florida’s Top 20
- NWF State College Students Named to All-Florida Academic Team
Nunset Boulevard Appears Nov. 29 with Cindy Williams of Laverne & Shirley Fame
NICEVILLE, FL -- Join lovable TV icon Cindy Williams, of Laverne & Shirley fame, as she appears in the nationally touring comedy Nunset Boulevard -- the latest installment in the internationally famous Nunsense franchise, on November 29 at 7:30 p.m. at the Mattie Kelly Arts Center at Northwest Florida State College in Niceville.
Williams plays Mother Superior in this comedy about the Little Sisters of Hoboken on their exciting trip to Tinseltown. Williams also played Mother Superior in the wildly successful Meadow Brook Theatre presentation of the original Nunsense.
ABC Television calls Nunset Boulevard "Heavenly, hilarious, wacky and unpredictable!" Featuring all new songs, audience participation and heavenly humor, it would be a real sin to miss this production.
Tickets are $35 each with a group discount of $5 off per ticket for groups of 10 or more tickets purchased together. Tickets are available from the Box Office by phone, online or in-person; contact 850-729-6000 or visit www.mattiekellyartscenter.org. The Box Office is open 10:00 am to 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday. Group discounts are only available by phone or in-person. While advance ticket purchase is recommended, the Box Office will also open at 6:00 to 7:30 p.m. the night of the show for any remaining tickets. Advance and day-of-show tickets are the same price.
Nunset Boulevard follows the latest exploits of The Little Sisters of Hoboken, who have been invited to perform at the Hollywood Bowl. They are thrilled at the prospect until they arrive and realize that they are booked into the Hollywood Bowl-A-Rama - a bowling alley with a cabaret lounge - and not the famed "Bowl" they were imagining. Things do not go as planned, as The Sisters must contend with announcements from the bowling alley public address system as well as the activity on the lanes.
However, The Sisters catch wind of the fact that the movie producer is across the street auditioning for roles in his new movie musical about the life of a he famous movie star who became a nun. The Sisters, thinking they are naturals for parts, race off to audition during their show’s intermission. Will Hoboken lose The Sisters to the glitz and glamour of Tinseltown?
Nunsense, the creation of Catholic-school-educated author/composer Dan Goggin, premiered in New York City at the Cherry Lane Theater in 1985, where it won four Outer Critics' Circle Awards, including "Best Off-Broadway Musical." It then transferred to the Douglas Fairbanks Theater on 42nd Street, where it ran for over 10 years, and has been presented all over the world in over 8,000 productions (and counting), grossing more than $500,000,000. During its New York run, Nunsense became the second longest running musical in Off Broadway history, eclipsed only by The Fantasticks. For more information, visit www.nunsense.com.
Following the success of the original production of Nunsense, Dan Goggin went on to add to his franchise Nunsense 2: The Second Coming, Sister Amnesia's Country Western Nunsense Jamboree, Nuncrackers: The Nunsense Christmas Musical, Meshuggah Nuns: The Ecumenical Nunsense, Nunsensations: The Nunsense Vegas Revue, Nunsense A-Men, Sister Robert Anne's Cabaret Class, and now, Nunset Boulevard.
A special DVD of Nunset Boulevard has been filmed and will be released this fall. The tour is being booked by Gurtman and Murtha Theatricals.
Heavenly Praise for Nunset Boulevard: "Heavenly, Hilarious, Wacky, & Unpredictable!" ABC Television News "Gleeful, Shameless, & Boisterous!" St. Paul Pioneer Press
"Sensational!" CBS Radio
"Sinfully funny!" NBC Television News "The best one yet!" The Catholic Spirit "Delightful, Fresh, & Right on Target!" Connecticut Post