- NWFSC News 2013
- NWFSC News 2012
- NWFSC News 2011
- NWFSC News 2010
- NWFSC News 2009
- NWFSC News 2008
- NWFSC News 2007
- NWFSC News 2006
- NWFSC News 2005
- NWFSC News 2004
- NWFSC News 2003
- NWFSC News 2002
- NWFSC News 2001
- Spirit of '45 Day Express to Make Stop
- Dental Assisting Graduates Honored
- Paramedic Graduates Honored
- NWF State College to Host Annual College Night
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Graduates Honored
- Parent Information Meetings on Dual Enrollment
- Students Named to President's List and Dean's List for Summer 2014
- Integrated Career and Technical Education Initiative Launched
- Huckabee Event to Benefit College's Music Programs
- NWF State College again recognized as Military Friendly School
- NWF State College Saddened by the Loss of Coach Patrick Harrington
- Celebration of Life set for Coach Patrick Harrington
- Tamela McCorvey Named Acting Head Womenâ€™s Basketball Coach
- Tamela McCorvey Named Acting Head Women's Basketball Coach
- Ribando Compositions Performed in Virginia, New York City
- Free IT Pro Camp Scheduled for Nov. 22
- SGA Reflects Student Involvement at 'All-Time High'
- NWF State College AmeriCorps Program Named Program of the Year
- Rick Flores Classic returns to The Arena
- NWF State College hosts IACP Leading by Legacy training course
- Forensics Team a Finalist in Parliamentary Debate at Star Invitational
- NWF State College students stand out at Florida Theatre Conference
Nunset Boulevard Appears Nov. 29 with Cindy Williams of Laverne & Shirley Fame
NICEVILLE, FL -- Join lovable TV icon Cindy Williams, of Laverne & Shirley fame, as she appears in the nationally touring comedy Nunset Boulevard -- the latest installment in the internationally famous Nunsense franchise, on November 29 at 7:30 p.m. at the Mattie Kelly Arts Center at Northwest Florida State College in Niceville.
Williams plays Mother Superior in this comedy about the Little Sisters of Hoboken on their exciting trip to Tinseltown. Williams also played Mother Superior in the wildly successful Meadow Brook Theatre presentation of the original Nunsense.
ABC Television calls Nunset Boulevard "Heavenly, hilarious, wacky and unpredictable!" Featuring all new songs, audience participation and heavenly humor, it would be a real sin to miss this production.
Tickets are $35 each with a group discount of $5 off per ticket for groups of 10 or more tickets purchased together. Tickets are available from the Box Office by phone, online or in-person; contact 850-729-6000 or visit www.mattiekellyartscenter.org. The Box Office is open 10:00 am to 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday. Group discounts are only available by phone or in-person. While advance ticket purchase is recommended, the Box Office will also open at 6:00 to 7:30 p.m. the night of the show for any remaining tickets. Advance and day-of-show tickets are the same price.
Nunset Boulevard follows the latest exploits of The Little Sisters of Hoboken, who have been invited to perform at the Hollywood Bowl. They are thrilled at the prospect until they arrive and realize that they are booked into the Hollywood Bowl-A-Rama - a bowling alley with a cabaret lounge - and not the famed "Bowl" they were imagining. Things do not go as planned, as The Sisters must contend with announcements from the bowling alley public address system as well as the activity on the lanes.
However, The Sisters catch wind of the fact that the movie producer is across the street auditioning for roles in his new movie musical about the life of a he famous movie star who became a nun. The Sisters, thinking they are naturals for parts, race off to audition during their show’s intermission. Will Hoboken lose The Sisters to the glitz and glamour of Tinseltown?
Nunsense, the creation of Catholic-school-educated author/composer Dan Goggin, premiered in New York City at the Cherry Lane Theater in 1985, where it won four Outer Critics' Circle Awards, including "Best Off-Broadway Musical." It then transferred to the Douglas Fairbanks Theater on 42nd Street, where it ran for over 10 years, and has been presented all over the world in over 8,000 productions (and counting), grossing more than $500,000,000. During its New York run, Nunsense became the second longest running musical in Off Broadway history, eclipsed only by The Fantasticks. For more information, visit www.nunsense.com.
Following the success of the original production of Nunsense, Dan Goggin went on to add to his franchise Nunsense 2: The Second Coming, Sister Amnesia's Country Western Nunsense Jamboree, Nuncrackers: The Nunsense Christmas Musical, Meshuggah Nuns: The Ecumenical Nunsense, Nunsensations: The Nunsense Vegas Revue, Nunsense A-Men, Sister Robert Anne's Cabaret Class, and now, Nunset Boulevard.
A special DVD of Nunset Boulevard has been filmed and will be released this fall. The tour is being booked by Gurtman and Murtha Theatricals.
Heavenly Praise for Nunset Boulevard: "Heavenly, Hilarious, Wacky, & Unpredictable!" ABC Television News "Gleeful, Shameless, & Boisterous!" St. Paul Pioneer Press
"Sensational!" CBS Radio
"Sinfully funny!" NBC Television News "The best one yet!" The Catholic Spirit "Delightful, Fresh, & Right on Target!" Connecticut Post