- NWFSC News 2013
- NWFSC News 2012
- NWFSC News 2011
- NWFSC News 2010
- NWFSC News 2009
- NWFSC News 2008
- NWFSC News 2007
- NWFSC News 2006
- NWFSC News 2005
- NWFSC News 2004
- NWFSC News 2003
- NWFSC News 2002
- NWFSC News 2001
- Spirit of '45 Day Express to Make Stop
- Dental Assisting Graduates Honored
- Paramedic Graduates Honored
- NWF State College to Host Annual College Night
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Graduates Honored
- Parent Information Meetings on Dual Enrollment
- Students Named to President's List and Dean's List for Summer 2014
- Integrated Career and Technical Education Initiative Launched
- Huckabee Event to Benefit College's Music Programs
- NWF State College again recognized as Military Friendly School
- NWF State College Saddened by the Loss of Coach Patrick Harrington
- Celebration of Life set for Coach Patrick Harrington
- Tamela McCorvey Named Acting Head Womenâ€™s Basketball Coach
- Tamela McCorvey Named Acting Head Women's Basketball Coach
- Ribando Compositions Performed in Virginia, New York City
- Free IT Pro Camp Scheduled for Nov. 22
- SGA Reflects Student Involvement at 'All-Time High'
- NWF State College AmeriCorps Program Named Program of the Year
- Rick Flores Classic returns to The Arena
- NWF State College hosts IACP Leading by Legacy training course
- Forensics Team a Finalist in Parliamentary Debate at Star Invitational
Bachelor’s In Nursing at NWFSC Now Accepting Applications for January Term
NWFSC BSN pin
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing program at Northwest Florida State College, a career ladder for current RNs, is currently accepting applications for the January 2013 term. The deadline to apply is November 30. Application materials may be found online at www.nwfsc.edu/RNtoBSN for the accredited, innovative program which offers the majority of its instruction through online courses to accommodate the working nurse.
Through the RN to BSN program at NWFSC, those who hold an Associate degree in Nursing may be awarded up to 90 credits for prior coursework and Florida RN Licensure toward their BSN degree. For many nurses this means they may start the program with nearly 75 percent of the requirements already completed and may earn a BSN in less than one year. The program is housed at the college's main campus in Niceville, Florida at 100 College Boulevard.
To accommodate working nurses, courses in the BSN program are primarily online and clinical times and days are determined by the students with the clinical facilities and faculty. Clinical rotations include 14 to 16 student scheduled days at shelters for homeless individuals and underserved populations. Students in the program also complete a senior practicum with an experienced nursing leader. All clinicals are available in Okaloosa County or Walton County.
Because NWFSC is a state college, students may complete the RN to BSN program for thousands of dollars less than other BSN options. The total in-state tuition to complete the 30-credit program is currently $3,557 and Alabama residents qualify for in-state tuition. The college offers an innovative in-state "Border State" fee through which Alabama residents pay just $1 (one) dollar more per credit hour than in-state students. Bachelor's degree courses are $118.59 per credit for Florida residents and $119.59 for Alabama residents. In addition, a number of scholarships specific to the Nursing program are available to qualifying students.
The baccalaureate Nursing program at Northwest Florida State College is nationally accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington DC 20036, (202) 887-6791. For information or program advisement, contact Dr. Beth Norton, RN, CNE, Director Bachelor of Science in Nursing at (850) 729-6444 or email@example.com.