- NWFSC News 2014
- NWFSC News 2013
- NWFSC News 2012
- NWFSC News 2011
- NWFSC News 2010
- NWFSC News 2009
- NWFSC News 2008
- NWFSC News 2007
- NWFSC News 2006
- NWFSC News 2005
- NWFSC News 2004
- NWFSC News 2003
- NWFSC News 2002
- NWFSC News 2001
- Spirit of '45 Day Express
- Science Seminar Series
- Nursing Program Recognized
- NWFSC Honors Nursing Graduates
- NWFSC Honors EMT Graduates
- NWFSC Honors Teacher Ed. Graduates
- Nursing program seeks
- Foundation Seeks Distinguished Alumni
- Forensics Team a Finalist
- NWFSC hosts IACP
- Rick Flores Classic Returns
- NWFSC AmeriCorps Program of the Year
- Student Involvement at 'All-Time High'
- Free IT Pro Camp
- All Sports Association Creates Endowment in Memory of Coach Patrick Harrington
- NWF State College Hosts Annual Computer Tech Event
- Nursing Program Seeks ACEN Accreditation, Hosts Public Meeting
- NWF State College Recognizes Honors Students for Fall 2014 Term
OWCC Opens Dental Assisting Program
The new Dental Assisting program at Okaloosa-Walton Community College is now accepting applications. The application deadline is November 1 for the initial class of 12 students who will begin studies January 7, 2003. Another application period will be held in spring for a second class of 12 students to begin studies in May.
An application packet which includes information about selection criteria and the selection process is available on the OWCC website at www.owcc.edu/dental and at all OWCC locations.
Dental Assisting is a one-year vocational certificate program that requires full-time enrollment. Students who successfully complete the program will be certified for Dental Assisting in Florida. In-state tuition fees for the entire 41-credit program will be about $1,782. Financial aid is available.
The Dental Assisting program is the second phase of new health technology programs at the OWCC. A Registered Nursing program began in Fall 2001. The dental program will be housed initially in the old City of Niceville library building, located at the corner of John Sims Parkway and Armstrong Avenue in Niceville. The site was leased by OWCC and remodeled to accommodate the dental program.
For information, contact the OWCC Dental Assisting program office at 729-6026.