- Current News
- News Archives
- Emerald Coast Autism Center finds new home at Northwest Florida State College
- Spring 2017 night welding orientation to be held
- New members of NWF State College Pacesetters selected
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society Welcomes New Members
- NWF State College Chooses Stephenson as New President
- Group Advising Sessions Prepare New Students for Spring
OWCC Opens Dental Assisting Program
The new Dental Assisting program at Okaloosa-Walton Community College is now accepting applications. The application deadline is November 1 for the initial class of 12 students who will begin studies January 7, 2003. Another application period will be held in spring for a second class of 12 students to begin studies in May.
An application packet which includes information about selection criteria and the selection process is available on the OWCC website at www.owcc.edu/dental and at all OWCC locations.
Dental Assisting is a one-year vocational certificate program that requires full-time enrollment. Students who successfully complete the program will be certified for Dental Assisting in Florida. In-state tuition fees for the entire 41-credit program will be about $1,782. Financial aid is available.
The Dental Assisting program is the second phase of new health technology programs at the OWCC. A Registered Nursing program began in Fall 2001. The dental program will be housed initially in the old City of Niceville library building, located at the corner of John Sims Parkway and Armstrong Avenue in Niceville. The site was leased by OWCC and remodeled to accommodate the dental program.
For information, contact the OWCC Dental Assisting program office at 729-6026.