- NWFSC News 2013
- NWFSC News 2012
- NWFSC News 2011
- NWFSC News 2010
- NWFSC News 2009
- NWFSC News 2008
- NWFSC News 2007
- NWFSC News 2006
- NWFSC News 2005
- NWFSC News 2004
- NWFSC News 2003
- NWFSC News 2002
- NWFSC News 2001
- Spirit of '45 Day Express to Make Stop
- Dental Assisting Graduates Honored
- Paramedic Graduates Honored
- NWF State College to Host Annual College Night
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Graduates Honored
- Parent Information Meetings on Dual Enrollment
- Students Named to President's List and Dean's List for Summer 2014
- Integrated Career and Technical Education Initiative Launched
- Huckabee Event to Benefit College's Music Programs
- NWF State College again recognized as Military Friendly School
- NWF State College Saddened by the Loss of Coach Patrick Harrington
- Celebration of Life set for Coach Patrick Harrington
- Tamela McCorvey Named Acting Head Womenâ€™s Basketball Coach
- Tamela McCorvey Named Acting Head Women's Basketball Coach
- Ribando Compositions Performed in Virginia, New York City
- Free IT Pro Camp Scheduled for Nov. 22
- SGA Reflects Student Involvement at 'All-Time High'
- NWF State College AmeriCorps Program Named Program of the Year
- Rick Flores Classic returns to The Arena
- NWF State College hosts IACP Leading by Legacy training course
- Forensics Team a Finalist in Parliamentary Debate at Star Invitational
- NWF State College students stand out at Florida Theatre Conference
OWCC Opens Dental Assisting Program
The new Dental Assisting program at Okaloosa-Walton Community College is now accepting applications. The application deadline is November 1 for the initial class of 12 students who will begin studies January 7, 2003. Another application period will be held in spring for a second class of 12 students to begin studies in May.
An application packet which includes information about selection criteria and the selection process is available on the OWCC website at www.owcc.edu/dental and at all OWCC locations.
Dental Assisting is a one-year vocational certificate program that requires full-time enrollment. Students who successfully complete the program will be certified for Dental Assisting in Florida. In-state tuition fees for the entire 41-credit program will be about $1,782. Financial aid is available.
The Dental Assisting program is the second phase of new health technology programs at the OWCC. A Registered Nursing program began in Fall 2001. The dental program will be housed initially in the old City of Niceville library building, located at the corner of John Sims Parkway and Armstrong Avenue in Niceville. The site was leased by OWCC and remodeled to accommodate the dental program.
For information, contact the OWCC Dental Assisting program office at 729-6026.