- NWFSC News 2013
- NWFSC News 2012
- NWFSC News 2011
- NWFSC News 2010
- NWFSC News 2009
- NWFSC News 2008
- NWFSC News 2007
- NWFSC News 2006
- NWFSC News 2005
- NWFSC News 2004
- NWFSC News 2003
- NWFSC News 2002
- NWFSC News 2001
- Spirit of '45 Day Express to Make Stop
- Dental Assisting Graduates Honored
- Paramedic Graduates Honored
- NWF State College to Host Annual College Night
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Graduates Honored
- Parent Information Meetings on Dual Enrollment
- Students Named to President's List and Dean's List for Summer 2014
- Integrated Career and Technical Education Initiative Launched
- Huckabee Event to Benefit College's Music Programs
- NWF State College again recognized as Military Friendly School
- NWF State College Saddened by the Loss of Coach Patrick Harrington
- Celebration of Life set for Coach Patrick Harrington
- Tamela McCorvey Named Acting Head Womenâ€™s Basketball Coach
- Tamela McCorvey Named Acting Head Women's Basketball Coach
- Ribando Compositions Performed in Virginia, New York City
- Free IT Pro Camp Scheduled for Nov. 22
- SGA Reflects Student Involvement at 'All-Time High'
OWCC Engineering Agreement Expanded
An agreement between Okaloosa-Walton Community College and the University of Florida's Engineering program has been expanded to provide additional benefits for students. The agreement, first instituted in 1996, provides guaranteed admission to the UF College of Engineering in Gainesville or the UF/University of West Florida joint program for Electrical and Computer Engineering in Pensacola for OWCC students who successfully complete a select academic program.
In addition to guaranteed acceptance, Muhammad H. Rashid, the director of the joint program for Electrical and Computer Engineering at UWF has signed an agreement to accept OWCC's Linear Algebra course as a prerequisite for many of the courses in the engineering curriculum -- a more convenient and less expensive option for students who intend to enroll in the Pensacola based engineering program. Previously, enrollment in an upper-division UWF course was needed.
In addition to the engineering agreement, OWCC also has an agreement with the FAMU College of Architecture that allows for guaranteed acceptance of OWCC graduates who complete a special set of courses.
For information on the engineering track, contact Dr. Mary Henderson, Mathematics Department chairman at 729-5377 or email@example.com. For information on the architecture track, contact Ray Rickman, chairman of the Manufacturing and Technology department at 729-5218.