- NWFSC News 2014
- NWFSC News 2013
- NWFSC News 2012
- NWFSC News 2011
- NWFSC News 2010
- NWFSC News 2009
- NWFSC News 2008
- NWFSC News 2007
- NWFSC News 2006
- NWFSC News 2005
- NWFSC News 2004
- NWFSC News 2003
- NWFSC News 2002
- NWFSC News 2001
- Spirit of '45 Day Express
- Science Seminar Series
- Nursing Program Recognized
- NWFSC Honors Nursing Graduates
- NWFSC Honors EMT Graduates
- NWFSC Honors Teacher Ed. Graduates
- Nursing program seeks
- Foundation Seeks Distinguished Alumni
- Forensics Team a Finalist
- NWFSC hosts IACP
- Rick Flores Classic Returns
- NWFSC AmeriCorps Program of the Year
- Student Involvement at 'All-Time High'
- Free IT Pro Camp
- All Sports Association Creates Endowment in Memory of Coach Patrick Harrington
- NWF State College Hosts Annual Computer Tech Event
- Nursing Program Seeks ACEN Accreditation, Hosts Public Meeting
OWCC Engineering Agreement Expanded
An agreement between Okaloosa-Walton Community College and the University of Florida's Engineering program has been expanded to provide additional benefits for students. The agreement, first instituted in 1996, provides guaranteed admission to the UF College of Engineering in Gainesville or the UF/University of West Florida joint program for Electrical and Computer Engineering in Pensacola for OWCC students who successfully complete a select academic program.
In addition to guaranteed acceptance, Muhammad H. Rashid, the director of the joint program for Electrical and Computer Engineering at UWF has signed an agreement to accept OWCC's Linear Algebra course as a prerequisite for many of the courses in the engineering curriculum -- a more convenient and less expensive option for students who intend to enroll in the Pensacola based engineering program. Previously, enrollment in an upper-division UWF course was needed.
In addition to the engineering agreement, OWCC also has an agreement with the FAMU College of Architecture that allows for guaranteed acceptance of OWCC graduates who complete a special set of courses.
For information on the engineering track, contact Dr. Mary Henderson, Mathematics Department chairman at 729-5377 or email@example.com. For information on the architecture track, contact Ray Rickman, chairman of the Manufacturing and Technology department at 729-5218.