- Current News
- News Archives
- Emerald Coast Autism Center finds new home at Northwest Florida State College
- Spring 2017 night welding orientation to be held
- New members of NWF State College Pacesetters selected
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society Welcomes New Members
- NWF State College Chooses Stephenson as New President
- Group Advising Sessions Prepare New Students for Spring
- NWF State College Honors Students Earning Teacher Education Bachelor's Degrees
- NWF Welding Students Gain Industry Experience With Visiting Companies
- NWF State College Event Connects Students to Local Employers
- Northwest Florida State College Radiography Program Will Host Info Session
OWCC Engineering Agreement Expanded
An agreement between Okaloosa-Walton Community College and the University of Florida's Engineering program has been expanded to provide additional benefits for students. The agreement, first instituted in 1996, provides guaranteed admission to the UF College of Engineering in Gainesville or the UF/University of West Florida joint program for Electrical and Computer Engineering in Pensacola for OWCC students who successfully complete a select academic program.
In addition to guaranteed acceptance, Muhammad H. Rashid, the director of the joint program for Electrical and Computer Engineering at UWF has signed an agreement to accept OWCC's Linear Algebra course as a prerequisite for many of the courses in the engineering curriculum -- a more convenient and less expensive option for students who intend to enroll in the Pensacola based engineering program. Previously, enrollment in an upper-division UWF course was needed.
In addition to the engineering agreement, OWCC also has an agreement with the FAMU College of Architecture that allows for guaranteed acceptance of OWCC graduates who complete a special set of courses.
For information on the engineering track, contact Dr. Mary Henderson, Mathematics Department chairman at 729-5377 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For information on the architecture track, contact Ray Rickman, chairman of the Manufacturing and Technology department at 729-5218.