- Current News
- News Archives
- Emerald Coast Autism Center finds new home at Northwest Florida State College
- Spring 2017 night welding orientation to be held
- New members of NWF State College Pacesetters selected
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society Welcomes New Members
- NWF State College Chooses Stephenson as New President
- Group Advising Sessions Prepare New Students for Spring
Peace exhibit to visit college
A touring exhibit that promotes the ideals of non-violence and celebrates peace builders and human rights champions is coming to the Mattie Kelly Arts Center Galleries at Northwest Florida State College in Niceville.
"Gandhi, King, Ikeda: A Legacy of Building Peace" will be on display Aug. 16-29. The exhibit highlights the contributions of Mohandas Gandhi, Martin Luther King Jr., and Daisuku Ikeda.
An opening ceremony on Aug. 16 at 1 p.m. will feature an address by Dr. Lawrence E. Carter Sr., dean of the Martin Luther King Jr. International Chapel at Morehouse College in Atlanta. The address will take place in the mainstage theater at the arts complex, followed by the exhibit viewing in the art galleries.
The events are free and open to the public.