- NWF State College Student Interning with Oregon's Institute of Marine Biology
- Winners Named in 29th Annual James and Christian LaRoche Memorial Poetry Contest
- Mallett Named Army ROTC Superior Cadet for 2014-15
- Collegiate High Senior Named Forensics Student of the Month
- Jazz Ensemble Members Earn Top Honors at Pensacola Jazz Competition
- Bethany Fralish takes lessons learned at NWF State College with her on path to become teacher
- Vanessa Payne meets all challenges to reach goal of bachelor’s degree
- Benji Bell named FCSAA Male Athlete of the Year
- NWF State College students advance to SkillsUSA National Championships
Associate in Nursing program recommended for ACEN accreditation
The Associate Degree in Nursing program at Northwest Florida State College has been recommended for national accreditation by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). The accreditation process is one way for NWF State College to demonstrate the quality and integrity of its nursing program.
A team from ACEN visited the college in late January and recommended the program for national accreditation for five years.
However, two more steps remain before the accreditation becomes official. The Evaluation Review Panel will meet in June, and then the ACEN Board of Commissioners will make a final decision in July.
NWF State College's nursing education programs have maintained continuous accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) since their inception. In addition, the RN to BSN program has been accredited since 2009 by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and went through the reaccreditation process in 2013-14 and was awarded an additional 10 years for continued accreditation until 2024.
The RN to BSN degree is available completely online with guided clinical experiences that can be completed in the student's place of employment.
For information about NWF State College's nursing programs, call 850-729-6400.