- NWF State College Student Interning with Oregon's Institute of Marine Biology
- Winners Named in 29th Annual James and Christian LaRoche Memorial Poetry Contest
- Mallett Named Army ROTC Superior Cadet for 2014-15
- Collegiate High Senior Named Forensics Student of the Month
- Jazz Ensemble Members Earn Top Honors at Pensacola Jazz Competition
- Bethany Fralish takes lessons learned at NWF State College with her on path to become teacher
- Vanessa Payne meets all challenges to reach goal of bachelor’s degree
- Benji Bell named FCSAA Male Athlete of the Year
- NWF State College students advance to SkillsUSA National Championships
- New Pacesetters selected at Northwest Florida State College
- Student nurses help children at diabetes camp
- New student ambassadors chosen at Northwest Florida State College
- CBA’s Alison McDowell celebrated as a local hero
- McGill co-authors book on policing's impact on those in uniform
- Collin Zeigler selected as a Chancellor's Student of the Month
- Pickler earns first at Gulf Coast Steinway Society Awards Music Festival
- Student Government Association leaders installed for 2015-16
- Ribando's composition to be performed by Virginia orchestra
- Two NWF State College students named Coca-Cola Leaders of Promise Scholars
- Smith recognized as top welding instructor in region
- Foundation scholarship propels Cadey Moody toward bachelor’s degree
- Collegiate High's Sarah Pabst signs to golf for Crimson Tide
- SGA attends statewide legislative and leadership conference in Miami
- Central Gulf Industrial Alliance endorses NWF State College welding program
- New college police department now patrolling two campuses
- SGA members attend Florida College System Student Government Association conference
- Northwest Florida State College setting the pace for environmental excellence
- Winners named in 30th James and Christian LaRoche Poetry Contest
- Father and son share Raider championship bond
- Former Raider softball star earns national player of the week honors
- NWF State College Vice-President Emeritus, Dr. David Goetsch, Inducted into Florida Veterans Hall of Fame
- Dr. Devin Stephenson Selected for SACSCOC Board of Trustees
- Myers donates $1 million to the Northwest Florida State College Learning Resources Center and establishes College Scholarships
- Northwest Florida State College Foundation Announces Dale E. Peterson Hospitality Scholarship Endowment
- Collegiate High Instructor Named as High Impact Teacher
- NWF alumna Emily Hils continues on a path of success
- Collegiate High Student Cailey Ness selected as National Merit Finalist
- Collegiate High Student Nick Gestring will represent NWF in Washington D.C.
- NWF Jazz Band Earns Accolades and Will Perform Free Concert
- NWF alumni honored with Navy Meritorious Civilian Service Award
- NWF State College: A great atmosphere for learning
- NWF alumnus continues history of great achievement
- NWF State College Graduate Takes a Step in the Right Direction
- A Father and Daughter's Journey Culminates at NWF Commencement
- For NWF Nursing Graduate, it Took a Village
- 2017 Leadership Okaloosa Graduates 41 Community Leaders
Associate in Nursing program recommended for ACEN accreditation
The Associate Degree in Nursing program at Northwest Florida State College has been recommended for national accreditation by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). The accreditation process is one way for NWF State College to demonstrate the quality and integrity of its nursing program.
A team from ACEN visited the college in late January and recommended the program for national accreditation for five years.
However, two more steps remain before the accreditation becomes official. The Evaluation Review Panel will meet in June, and then the ACEN Board of Commissioners will make a final decision in July.
NWF State College's nursing education programs have maintained continuous accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) since their inception. In addition, the RN to BSN program has been accredited since 2009 by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and went through the reaccreditation process in 2013-14 and was awarded an additional 10 years for continued accreditation until 2024.
The RN to BSN degree is available completely online with guided clinical experiences that can be completed in the student's place of employment.
For information about NWF State College's nursing programs, call 850-729-6400.